Out of the blue and free

Tony

Next Friday i was booked to have my walls cavity sealed, seemingly today there was a cancelation and in no time here i was....

Ladder was an issue :smile_anim:

post-2-1313694489.jpg

The dogs went mental

Other than the noise everything else was pain free

post-2-1313694588.jpg

post-2-1313694672.jpg

post-2-1313694843.jpg

post-2-1313694869.jpg

Total cost including VAT £0 :whistle:

This didn't happen to be with British Gas ? I just had my loft insulated free of charge this week and they are coming back to do my cavity walls free in a week or two. Kind of payback for raping me on my bills this year !

How does that cavity insulation work ? Is it polystyrene beads or something ? :smile_anim:

This didn't happen to be with British Gas ? I just had my loft insulated free of charge this week and they are coming back to do my cavity walls free in a week or two. Kind of payback for raping me on my bills this year !

How does that cavity insulation work ? Is it polystyrene beads or something ? :)

dill holes in your outside wall and inject expandy foam in to the cavity.

its great most of the time unless you need to run any more mains cable down the cavity... then your screwed :D

How does that cavity insulation work ? Is it polystyrene beads or something ? :)

dill holes in your outside wall and inject expandy foam in to the cavity.

its great most of the time unless you need to run any more mains cable down the cavity... then your screwed :D

LOL

I also read that the whole point of a cavity was to allow the brickwork to breath and could open up a can of worms... not sure if that is BS or not.

I wonder how they actually get good coverage - i just got visions of a few pockets of expanding foam in the cavity near the drill hole and thats it :)

...when the winter comes this year. They reckon it could be a shocker.

Not too bothered about January - I'll be driving from London to Cape Town so I expect it to be quite warm most of the way!

Might be a bit of a shock coming back on 1st Feb though...

http://www.londoncapetownrally.com/