The joy of Geometry

Tony

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, now that I am impressed with

I was quite impressed with the single figure mpg if you stonk it, but then again you've got to expect a 7 litre V8 to have quite a thirst. :huh:

Also impressed with the detail, especially as the owner had carried the dash to the States during the build to get Carroll Shelby to autograph it.

Didn't realise all the GT 500's were known as the Eleanor, just thought it was made up for Nicolas Cage & 'Gone in 60 seconds'.

Remember seeing that and another American muscle car at WIM at one of the open days, cannot remember which one.

Both were beautiful looking cars, but not to my taste. (Speaking as the owner of a hairdressers car it's hardly surprising!)

Nice to be able to see and appreciate such a wide variety of machines on the WIM site, some aspirational and some not, depending on taste.

I'm waiting for Tony to post up a locost or any other '7' type variant!

h

Just don't call it "eleanor" or I'll get upset.

Wow, now that I am impressed with

I was quite impressed with the single figure mpg if you stonk it, but then again you've got to expect a 7 litre V8 to have quite a thirst. :huh:

Also impressed with the detail, especially as the owner had carried the dash to the States during the build to get Carroll shelby to autograph it.

Didn't realise all the GT 500's were known as the Eleanor, just thought it was made up for Nicolas Cage & 'Gone in 60 seconds'.

I'm gonna get MAD!!!

Remember seeing that and another American muscle car at WIM at one of the open days, cannot remember which one.

Both were beautiful looking cars, but not to my taste. (Speaking as the owner of a hairdressers car it's hardly surprising!)

Nice to be able to see and appreciate such a wide variety of machines on the WIM site, some aspirational and some not, depending on taste.

h

I took a photo of it, only just realised what car it was!! :lol:

pic21.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Suspension didn't want to switch back-on after we were done ulp.....!

Think you should have left the hatch open?

Nah, don't think so. Didn't say so in the owners manual. Always seems hit 'n' miss with these Porsche though. First time it was in it took 3 attempts to respond to the restart command ffs

Suspension didn't want to switch back-on after we were done ulp.....!

Think you should have left the hatch open?

Nah, don't think so. Didn't say so in the owners manual. Always seems hit 'n' miss with these Porsche though. First time it was in it took 3 attempts to respond to the restart command ffs

;)

Looks well cared for but not for me that one, how old is it?

Ferrari BB 512..... Just had custom made coilovers using the OEM shock bodies ;)

You can make them for the mondeo using koni shocks.

our friend with the collection again ? ;)

Wrong number plate!

This is a track dedicated 512 toy for the owner.... If i recall correctly from the data file these were made between 1980 and 1987..... The coilover conversion (six shocks) cost around 15k and i was not allowed to take pictures ;)

• 2 weeks later...

h

I took a photo of it, only just realised what car it was!! :)

pic21.jpg

That is stunning, though I didn't think they were designed to go round corners :)

Do you get many footballers in chesham ? :)

And why are the BBs coilovers such a sercret ? I doubt the manufactureres would have much competition. Not as if there is a big narket for one-off suspensio for classic ferraris ?

h

I took a photo of it, only just realised what car it was!! :)

pic21.jpg

That is stunning, though I didn't think they were designed to go round corners :)

Think again, though you're nearly right. Like a 60s Integra Type R, it was designed to handle as well as it possibily could. Shelby caused much surprise within the domestic US market at the time as that went against the grain of design/marketing convention