The joy of Geometry

Tony

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These come from a Ferrari tuning company who use us now. In truth these types of adjustment are an arse, the shims have blind values that adjust in 3D but are fitted in a 2D plane...... It gets complicated.

We had a guy come in to ours with an S2 Elise. I advised the temp. manager to decline it as KF doesn't do labour/time penalties and has no sliding scale for time taken.....shame, it would have been interesting to get a good look.

We had a guy come in to ours with an S2 Elise. I advised the temp. manager to decline it as KF doesn't do labour/time penalties and has no sliding scale for time taken.....shame, it would have been interesting to get a good look.

Wise move...... I did one yesterday, front/ rear toe and one front camber and it took two hours, plus i'm wise on these cars so it wasn't a learning curve. Add a castor adjustment to this you have to disconnect the steering rack and it's a blind adjustment!!

I like that :)

1k's worth of tyres in one track session is a consideration..... The mich clubs we fitted today only have 2mm (inside/ outside) from new :)

Why so low? :)

Less block movement, though I always thought the standard Michelin Pilot Sport Cups had 4mm to start with (half normal tread depth).

I don't like the 996 shape, I really must start saving my pennies to get a 997 GT3 RS :D

Tony, what are they like to work on?

what took you so long ? :)

Hey where do you sit on the Imprezzzzzza vs Evo ? I prefered classic Imprezas, then Evo 6-9 now not so sure I like either....

Sorry mate..... I'm always playing "catch up" :D

As for preference, Hmm difficult one... I would say for sound the Impreza and for looks the Evo, as for handling?........ not saying :)