The joy of Geometry

Tony

Some nicely prep'd stuff there!

Just out of interest, does WIM keep shims "in stock" or are they all special order ?

And what do you guys think about stretched tyres (as on the S13) ?

I keep the shims in stock and acquire some :lol: .... you find that most 4x4's you have to add/ transport shims to the upper wishbone, whereas cars like Lotus/ Ferrari you remove them from the lower, so over time you accumulate them.

My thoughts on "stretched tyres" coincide with the question to the owner "why", what are you trying to achieve?

Why do you ask :huh:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

200SX S13 Drift

post-2-1227818947.jpg

Wheels caused some issues with 11" wide front and 13" rear.

post-2-1227819003.jpg

Nice looking powerhouse

post-2-1227819038.jpg

And the wastegate is very Mad max

post-2-1227819083.jpg

This cars pretty mental, think its the Rb26 they put in the making well over 500hp and the screamer pipe is insanly noisy.

Im liking the supra's toooo :(

• 2 weeks later...
Why are gearbox`s so pants in the R8`S Tony..? is it the DSG flappy paddle...?

The manual box is good but the auto is "all or nothing",.... you rev the car "nothing" a little more "nothing" some more :( and "wallop" you out of here.

I find it kind of odd such a build could fail in this way.... i mean the R8 is one hell of a car but FFS it has to drive in traffic so an element of throttle control would be nice?

Yeah i know what you mean Caminhead....why build a car and let it be a let down with the autobox with out any creep built in.....the DSG gearbox works superb in the Golf and R32.RS4 etc........how hard could it be to make it easy to use in the R8.... :nowink:

Yeah i know what you mean Caminhead....why build a car and let it be a let down with the autobox with out any creep built in.....the DSG gearbox works superb in the Golf and R32.RS4 etc........how hard could it be to make it easy to use in the R8.... :nowink:

My sentiments exactly.....

• 3 weeks later...