Hands up...

Rich

Not so much look for wear, but I'm fascinated by the number of muppets driving on the motorway with tyres that are obviously grossly under-inflated.

I used to try and let the odd one know about it, but have generally given up as, almost without exception, if they are stupid enough to not feel it on the move or not notice it stationary, then they just don't understand.

Same goes for knackered dampers - quite recent Vauxhalls seem to be prone to this.

Andy

I was following a guy in a corsa a few weeks ago and his right rear wheel was wobbling like crazy - it looked seriously bad so at the next set of lights I pulled alongside to let him know. As soon as he wound down his window and I saw his hair and clothes I knew it was a mistake but in any case I told him that his wheel looked pretty dangerous - he simply replied "it's been like that for a while, it's fine mate" :) :D

I can't say I watch how the car handles but now you've mentioned it I probably will! :lol:

I was following a guy in a corsa a few weeks ago and his right rear wheel was wobbling like crazy - it looked seriously bad so at the next set of lights I pulled alongside to let him know. As soon as he wound down his window and I saw his hair and clothes I knew it was a mistake but in any case I told him that his wheel looked pretty dangerous - he simply replied "it's been like that for a while, it's fine mate" :lol: :o

Not surprising though is it, some people won't do anything about it until they really have to!! :(

Not surprising though is it, some people won't do anything about it until they really have to!! :lol:

I've never seen anything like it, it looked like the wheel was going to come off any second, so I wanted to warn him in the sense of "pull over asap and call the AA" - was shocked that he knew about it and had been happily driving around with it! :lol:

Not surprising though is it, some people won't do anything about it until they really have to!! :lol:

I've never seen anything like it, it looked like the wheel was going to come off any second, so I wanted to warn him in the sense of "pull over asap and call the AA" - was shocked that he knew about it and had been happily driving around with it! :(

Just look in HOTW, there's plenty of examples where the owner has known about a problem and chosen to ignore it :lol: Ban them from the road!

Just look in HOTW, there's plenty of examples where the owner has known about a problem and chosen to ignore it :lol: Ban them from the road!

Fair point, if only that was possible!

If we had more cops on the roads doing spot checks it would at least get a few of them off the road (until they get another!) but that's going off topic now!

If we had more cops on the roads doing spot checks it would at least get a few of them off the road (until they get another!) but that's going off topic now!

Maybe one day, I am glad to see those ANPR guys about (as long as they're not catching speeders) quite a bit now as getting the untaxed/uninsured drivers off the road is a start :lol:

Maybe one day, I am glad to see those ANPR guys about (as long as they're not catching speeders) quite a bit now as getting the untaxed/uninsured drivers off the road is a start :)

Yeah for sure, I don't see as many untaxed cars now and if I do they don't stay on the road for long :D

Im always lookin at the car infront watchin how it behaves etc....the amout of cars o follow that are crabbin along is outragous.......drove my mates lexarse and that was diabolical to drive yet he thought it was sopt on :/ sent him to spains who did a full geo on it and suprisingly thay did a good job on it...drives much better now and i showed him how to get it sideways the otherday :(

Im always lookin at the car infront watchin how it behaves etc....the amout of cars o follow that are crabbin along is outragous.......drove my mates lexarse and that was diabolical to drive yet he thought it was sopt on :/ sent him to spains who did a full geo on it and suprisingly thay did a good job on it...drives much better now and i showed him how to get it sideways the otherday :(

What lexus does he have, it might drive ok but it's the tyre wear you have to watch for isn't it?

The infamus is200 mate.....my mate rekons the tyre wear aint been to bad.....he had some work done on the rear a while back as he spank'd it :huh: but he said he aint to fussed about how many miles he gets from a tyre ......compony pay the bill for it lol