Where's my kitchen gone!

Looking good matey, nice when things come together :lol:

Sure does and it gives the missus an excuse to start spending! Been out tonight to buy a new blind and that's just one thing on the list! B) :angry2:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking good matey, nice when things come together :)

Sure does and it gives the missus an excuse to start spending! Been out tonight to buy a new blind and that's just one thing on the list! B) :lol:

B) yep you'll never have any money when the other half starts :D

I built my kitchen last year as it was very old, took me a while but got there in the end, and the first thing my other half did was go out and buy a new cooker, kettle, microwave, freezer and a ball and chain to keep me next to the sink for the washing up B) told her she may aswell of brought a dishwasher while she was at it but she turned round and said she allready had one :angry2:

Looking good matey, nice when things come together B)

Sure does and it gives the missus an excuse to start spending! Been out tonight to buy a new blind and that's just one thing on the list! B) B)

:) yep you'll never have any money when the other half starts :D

I built my kitchen last year as it was very old, took me a while but got there in the end, and the first thing my other half did was go out and buy a new cooker, kettle, microwave, freezer and a ball and chain to keep me next to the sink for the washing up :huh: told her she may aswell of brought a dishwasher while she was at it but she turned round and said she allready had one B)

lol, shouldn't it be the women who wear the ball and chain!! :D :lol:

We have a new kettle as well, the other one conveniently broke!! :angry2:

• 1 year later...

We've been having problems with the new boiler since Xmas Eve, it's been dripping water. Phoned them up and someone came to have a look, said it was safe and it would be repaired in the new year. They came out again and replaced a part, didn't work, carried on dripping. Came out again and said the part is at the back so it's a 4 hour job. The guy came to do it and then said the boiler has a 2 guarantee with the manufacturer so they will contact us...guess what no phone call. Phoned them again (housing association) and they said they will repair it as the company who fitted it only give a years guarantee, even though the manufacturer is 2! :confused:

Anyway the guy came out this morning to repair it, thought he had fixed it and after he went water started pouring out of it. So the missus got soaked trying to turn the water off, it's flooded the kitchen and cupboards so all of that needs drying and we have no hot water and heating for tonight :angry: He is fixing it tomorrow now...p**s poor service though!

Apart from that everything else has been fine, although the bath taps needed replacing as the shower bit stopped working. I need some good luck soon!! :lol:

What's annoyed me is it would've been quicker to just replace the whole unit than messing about trying to replace a part. They obviously don't even know what is causing the problem and as you said didn't check afterwards. The missus said he had only just gone when it happened so had to come back. Also the fact it's taken 2 months to get this far is just not on, good job it weren't leaking gas!!

Here's hoping...problem is water will be trapped behind/underneath them and may cause damp issues again. We still get the damp smell in one of the cupboards where it used to be bad but as long as there's not much in there it's not too bad. Also have one of those dehumidifers in there, which collects quite abit of water.

Was all fun and games for the missus this morning...the guy replaced a part, said it should be ok now and went without testing it. She was running the tap to wash up, went into the lounge and then heard a bang and hissing...water was gushing out of the boiler. The tap was so tight she couldn't turn the water off and tried the neighbours but everyone was out, she managed to do it in the end though. The guy came back and didn't even apologise for his c**k up! :lol:

Alot of water has probably gone down the back of the units and there is no way of accessing it without ripping everything out...not sure what to do now as I know they won't be bothered. Maybe it'll dry out by itself?

Yeah everything is out of the cupboards and will probably leave them for a week or so. The guy is coming this morning to fix it, better had, it was freezing last night :(

Only have those disposable ones but I might try and find one on ebay to get.

The boiler was fitted when I started this thread so not even 2 years old. Basically it's been dripping water since Xmas Eve, well before then but that's when we noticed it.

Someone came out and replaced a part but it was the wrong thing as it still dripped. A couple of appointments got cancelled by them to fix it and they came out yesterday after reminding them. This guy fitted another (different) new part and said it should be fine now. Off he went, missus turned the tap on and something just went bang in the boiler so I'd imagine a pipe burst.

When we go away now I will be turning the water off as well otherwise the flat could flood! :(

Only have those disposable ones but I might try and find one on ebay to get.

The boiler was fitted when I started this thread so not even 2 years old. Basically it's been dripping water since Xmas Eve, well before then but that's when we noticed it.

Someone came out and replaced a part but it was the wrong thing as it still dripped. A couple of appointments got cancelled by them to fix it and they came out yesterday after reminding them. This guy fitted another (different) new part and said it should be fine now. Off he went, missus turned the tap on and something just went bang in the boiler so I'd imagine a pipe burst.

When we go away now I will be turning the water off as well otherwise the flat could flood! :(

I'm not sure what the disposable ones are? I mean the machines that look like little airconditioners - not sure how much they cost to buy but an option could be to hire one.

That sounds really poor, not sure if it might be worth getting someone else in to sort this out to prevent damage to your kitchen. Whoever's dealing with it at the moment sound like they're useless.......

The disposable ones are plastic tubs with the silica gel in the top (I think that's what it is) and it collects any moisture in the bottom.

It's not up to me who fixes it as I rent, they company that fitted it are the ones fixing it but they keep sending someone new everytime as well. That doesn't help as they don't know what's wrong with it until they get here...just keep going round in circles!

The disposable ones are plastic tubs with the silica gel in the top (I think that's what it is) and it collects any moisture in the bottom.

It's not up to me who fixes it as I rent, they company that fitted it are the ones fixing it but they keep sending someone new everytime as well. That doesn't help as they don't know what's wrong with it until they get here...just keep going round in circles!

Oh right, that's probably not going to be enough, you need one of the machines if there's a lot of water behind the units.

Of course, sorry mate wasn't thinking! If you have any influence over who comes out there's a company I use for repairs when my tenants have problems, happy to pass on their details if it's any use.

The guy came back yesterday and fitted the pipe that burst BUT it's still leaking! After alot of head scratching he decided it was a part at the back of the boiler that needs replacing. The same thing the first guy said it was on Xmas Eve. Turns out this part is £300 though and there is a months warranty left on the boiler so they're getting the company to repair it now, FFS! At least we had heating and hot water last night.

The missus was talking to a neighbour on the top floor yesterday and asked if he was ok like you do. He replied yeah I will be when our boiler is fixed!! Seems theirs has packed up as well but a different problem. It's left them with no heating or hot water for 2 days and his missus is due their baby tomorrow!! :D

The company who made the boiler phoned us today and they're coming out Monday morning to repair it :D