Won't be like this for long...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Went for a walk through the woods the other day and passed underneath the bridge so took a photo, it's amazing how they build something like this to take the weight of all the cars and HGVs that pass over it.

m25_bridge.jpg

Is it all finished now?

There are still workers there tidying up but I think they've done the bulk of it for that stretch. They're now doing J18 to J21 so when I have to use the M25 I join at the start of the roadworks not the end! :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

Not too bad at the moment but in autumn and winter when there are no leaves you will see it from the house. I wonder if that will affect house prices as before you could only just see the tops of the lorries when upstairs.

Won't they be planting large trees along the edge of the motorway that will grow in over a few years?

I doubt it TBH, there has always just been the fence there but I'll take a look and see if they have. It would take years for them to grow high enough to hide the signs anyway.

See that stretch is done now,dont know what all the fuss was about as it was finished before date stated (which is normal) as they get fined massively for overrunning but get bonus' for completing early so everyones happy........locals/drivers and workforce :D :D

See that stretch is done now,dont know what all the fuss was about as it was finished before date stated (which is normal) as they get fined massively for overrunning but get bonus' for completing early so everyones happy........locals/drivers and workforce :D :D

Yeah that stretch is done but I still have to sit in the queues when joining the M25 until you get to J21 now. At least they've finished the roadworks between J28-J29 though, sitting in 2 lots really is no fun.

You need to learn to chill out in r/works and accept it as an everyday occurence, could be worse you could be a user of the M6, thats one m/way that doesn't seem to get finished.....ever! there's always something going on there somewhere.

You need to learn to chill out in r/works and accept it as an everyday occurence, could be worse you could be a user of the M6, thats one m/way that doesn't seem to get finished.....ever! there's always something going on there somewhere.

I'm chilled it's other drivers who aren't, I'll happily sit at 50mph through the roadworks but what annoys me is those who don't. They speed through them and then panic brake when they see the camera cos they're too thick to realise they're average ones! Or they're constantly changing lanes thinking they will get there faster.

I've only used the M6 once, never again!! :D

• 3 months later...

No surprise, it's always the way. I just wish having spent all that cash we were getting more than just 1 extra lane.......... :rolleyes:

Why did they need to test using the hard shoulder though, we will need the extra lanes sooner or later. It's only 7 junctions they've worked on and it's costing US £3.4 billion...how much is this carpark worth now in total!! :P

Why did they need to test using the hard shoulder though, we will need the extra lanes sooner or later. It's only 7 junctions they've worked on and it's costing US £3.4 billion...how much is this carpark worth now in total!! :D

Partly because they're morons (they've spent several times more money by testing than actually building the bl00dy lanes!) and partly because they're probably just making up this story as a way to get more money.

• 1 month later...

Well I had a trip down to visit my mum on Sunday, temperature started at -11 and was -2 in Chorleywood, thick fog also on the way. Outside lane had part snow in places and looked like black ice where it had melted - so avoided mostly. Trip down was fine.

Left mid-afternoon and gantries flashing for M40 East closed. Fortunately was going M40 west. No real queues but speed limits to slow cars down and keep them out of inside lane, although some ignored it. Eventually down to 20 mph limits. M40 exit to Uxbridge was closed. Joined M40 ( I call it north ) and noticed rolling road block had been imposed on M40 clockwise at this junction to close the M40 down to Uxbridge. As I went round and joined the M40 it was closed south down to Uxbridge so approx. six lanes going off of M25. Queues were back to Beaconsfield. Heard soon after an accident on the Western Avenue ( A40 ) had caused the closures.

Glad I was going the other way :smile_anim:

Was a nightmare Boxing day, took us nearly 2 hours to get to Essex and that was the good side. Going back the other way there had been an accident between J21-J20 causing long tailbacks. I joined the M25 at J17 but got off at J18 and drove through Watford as it wasn't moving and rejoined at J21, only to get caught in roadworks from the M11 to the A127 where I turn off. Couldn't believe I was sat in 4 lanes of traffic that was crawling, they should've made them 5 lanes!!!

Was a nightmare Boxing day, took us nearly 2 hours to get to Essex and that was the good side. Going back the other way there had been an accident between J21-J20 causing long tailbacks. I joined the M25 at J17 but got off at J18 and drove through Watford as it wasn't moving and rejoined at J21, only to get caught in roadworks from the M11 to the A127 where I turn off. Couldn't believe I was sat in 4 lanes of traffic that was crawling, they should've made them 5 lanes!!!

I too drove to Essex and back on Boxing day, but with no problems at all. Very little traffic and the roads all in good nick.

We left Ampthill at about 1:15 p.m. and were in Hatfield Peveril before 3 p.m. No motorways. Cross country to Baldock, Buntingford, Stanstead, Witham and Hatfield Peveril. Similar route for late night return but via Chelmsford instead of Witham.

My son-in-law was out in the afternoon and said he found some of the local roads around Hatfield Peveril a bit icy, but he drives a Jaguar XKR. I noticed not a twitch and the traction control certainly never blinked.