Won't be like this for long...

It's about time they widened motorways if you ask me, but why go through all this hassle for one extra lane? They're such morons and lack vision - when you cause all the aggro that the widening does, why not put in 2 lanes? :o

You make a very good point actually...give it another 10-20 years and 4 lanes probably won't be enough. Mind you, I'd imagine by then the government will have taxed everyone off the road so there will be less cars!! :D

You're probably right about that! :lol:

But yeah I really hate this country for that, no vision and always trying to screw the hardworking public. The number of bus lanes everywhere that are always empty, I can only imagine the increased flow of traffic would be unbelivable if they turned all the bus lanes into normal lanes........or at least car pool lanes as that actually is a step in the right direction.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... I'd imagine by then the government will have taxed everyone off the road so there will be less cars!! :D

Fuel duty up at midnight by 2p per gallon, VAT going back up in January, they've already started!

Morrisons say they are withholding the increase to the 6th.

h

... I'd imagine by then the government will have taxed everyone off the road so there will be less cars!! :thumbsup_anim:

Fuel duty up at midnight by 2p per gallon, VAT going back up in January, they've already started!

Morrisons say they are withholding the increase to the 6th.

h

Yeah I heard about that...robbing gits! :angry2:

Also forgot about the VAT going back up...as alot of businesses increased their prices so they didn't have to pass the saving on I wonder who will drop it!!

Do you mean 2p per litre +vat.

Vat will possibly come back at an even higher rate than before from what people have said as well.

I hope that ain't true...won't help anyone this government apart from themselves...to our cash!! :thumbsup_anim:

I've noticed the 2p as gone on but some garages have bumped it up a little more for themselves and yeah I can see it increasing again when the VAT rises.

• 1 month later...
I use this stretch of the 25 more or less every day, sometimes more and these road works are a right ball ache I tell ya.

But it is amazing how quick they are working, some parts are completed already!!!!!

Cant wait until its done

You sure it's these roadworks or the ones by the M11...you drive from Essex to Herts everyday? I know there's about 7 miles of them and they are a pain, not as bad as the ones around here. You're right they are working very quick though, which has surprised me, might even be completed on time!

On time and budget....... never :huh:

Have you read that somewhere, re the budget bit?

What's it like between the M40 and Chorleywood about 10:30 in the morning on a weekday? Only I am coming down to visit my mum on her b'day this week.

I think most of the work is being done between J16 & J18 as I join the M25 at J18 and that section of roadworks is just finishing. Alot of the holdups are further back but normally during rush hour so that time should be ok, restricted speed but still moving. Personally I would get off at the M40 J1 and use the A412 going through Harefield and Maple Cross, then the Uxbridge Road up to Ricky station, turn left at the roundabout and onto the Chorleywood/Ricky Road :lol: Better than taking the chance of getting caught in a jam for a few hours and TBH it doesn't take much longer.

I use this stretch of the 25 more or less every day, sometimes more and these road works are a right ball ache I tell ya.

But it is amazing how quick they are working, some parts are completed already!!!!!

Cant wait until its done

You sure it's these roadworks or the ones by the M11...you drive from Essex to Herts everyday? I know there's about 7 miles of them and they are a pain, not as bad as the ones around here. You're right they are working very quick though, which has surprised me, might even be completed on time!

lol, no deffo these works, my team and I drive about 1000+ miles a day between us.

We have to go to Camberley down the M3 5 days a week, from Essex its slightly shorter to ground the top half of the M25 but you run the risk of the works playing up, or we can go around the bottom half but then we have the Dartford crossing to contend with.

Either way were stuffed and I seem to spend half my life on the M25 :huh:

They're shutting the motorway anti clockwise at the end of the month. Saturday night 11pm until 5am Sunday between J17 and J16 so don't use it then or plan an alternative route beforehand for anyone who may be using it.

• 5 weeks later...

Well they've started working on the side that's behind the missus parents house. Removed the large fence that was there, which acted as a sound barrier. They had a guy come round the other day to explain what was going on and that hopefully no damage will be caused to the house!! :D

He also said the work will be done during the day and not night yet they're being kept awake with the sound of drilling!! Apparently he had a few complaints about noise at night :o

Please wait a few moments for Video to Load!

• 4 weeks later...
Why couldn't they have put a new soundproof fence in first before they start the work?

I have no idea mate, they will probably do that when they've finished this section! :rolleyes:

I don't think it would've made a difference now...they have to put up with this drilling day and night and it's causing the house to vibrate! We can also hear it from out flat down the road. Nice view with the cranes as well and the flood lights shining through the windows all night! Luckily their bedrooms are out the front but the light shines over the garage and into the bedrooms of the house opposite them...bet they love that!! :(

Please wait a few moments for Video to Load!

m25_crane1.jpg

m25_crane2.jpg

m25_light.jpg

typical of big corporations

they dont give a damn about joe public, a few hundred complaints will make no difference

we live near a sainsburys who built extensions, extended and relaid the car park and just worked every hour the store was closed

complaints just led to promises of stopping work which never happened

even when the council threatened them they carried on regardless :rolleyes:

typical of big corporations

they dont give a damn about joe public, a few hundred complaints will make no difference

we live near a sainsburys who built extensions, extended and relaid the car park and just worked every hour the store was closed

complaints just led to promises of stopping work which never happened

even when the council threatened them they carried on regardless :rolleyes:

Yep no doubt you are right, complaining won't get anywhere! End of the day it's gotta be done, let's just hope they finish this section sooner rather than later!!

• 4 months later...
Progress is a wonderful thing. It will be done soon and everyone will forget about the building work just like i'll forget about the hours wasted sitting in traffic jams on this stretch.

It sure is and the traffic is so random, can be clear 1 minute yet 10 minutes later it's at a standstill! :o

I think completion is estimated for 2012, only 2 years then! :thumbsup_anim:

• 1 month later...