Ford Mondeo 1.8 TD

Rich

Significant difference..... Think about it, the sprung chassis has little resistance to twisting so any bracing is a benefit.

May stick an offer in and see...why do these things come up when you have no spare cash! :smile_anim:

Because you look when you are skint :D

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Significant difference..... Think about it, the sprung chassis has little resistance to twisting so any bracing is a benefit.

May stick an offer in and see...why do these things come up when you have no spare cash! :smile_anim:

Because you look when you are skint :D

Actually I saw the link on MEG :D

And!!!!!!!........

And what? :rolleyes:

It came with self tapping screws (with bolt heads), do you think these will do the job? Any particular way you have to fit them and how tight would it need to be adjusted to?

Bloody hell i thought you had it fitted :rolleyes: ..... In this case "fit it" adjust the slack out then add half a turn of preload then drive and test :D

Yeah I didn't get time yesterday. So I'll use the self tapers for now and nut/bolt it later on? I was going to fit it when I do the wishbones and then get the geo done as I thought the camber may move when taking the weight off the car. But then the way it handles at the moment it probably won't make much difference! :D

If I nut/bolt it would nylocks be better as if they come undone I'd have to drop the suspension again? :D

Don't think I'll be fitting it this weekend with the rain we're suppose to be having. I need a garage, maybe santa will bring me one! :lol:

We need to get the car back on the rig anytime soon methinks.

Yes I know mate, still gotta get the lower arms to get and fit...the car badly needs a geo though ;)

Don't think I'll be fitting it this weekend with the rain we're suppose to be having. I need a garage, maybe santa will bring me one! :lol:

Yes I know mate, still gotta get the lower arms to get and fit...the car badly needs a geo though ;)

Lets get it done then........ date/ time?

Lets get it done then........ date/ time?

Let me get the arms done first...unless you think they will be ok for now?

Looks like one bush is separating but it's hard to tell if it's causing problems with the handling cos of the castor/camber issue. Tramlines badly on uneven/bumpy roads but doesn't drift side to side on the motorway, which is the usual symptom when these bushes go.

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to add, I tried fitting this last Thursday but couldn't get the aircon pipe to move. I think there's a bracket underneath the car so it's wheel/arch liner off to try and find it. Also noticed an oil leak :rolleyes: Think it's the sump gasket so that's another thing to sort out! Still got lower arms to get, new front brake discs for my upgrade, new tyres early next year and I still haven't got a new jack yet!! :smile_anim:

• 3 months later...

God damn :D leak is back...the car smells mouldy/damp and the screen wet in the mornings!! Looks like it's the same place so can anyone recommend a decent water proof silicone? It could be it was too damp when I sealed it last year but all that time I spent stripping the interior has been wasted. I will have to get the wet vac out and go over the carpet again. No point doing it now though will wait until it's warmer.