Rich

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers Fred :o

Spacers fitted, 10 minutes a side it took me...was longer getting the jack and tools out! :sad01_anim:

Rose jointed ends were still moving freely but gave them a clean anyway. The toe only needed changing slightly, so I think this must have been your fastest geo yet Tony, don't think it was even on the ramps for 10 minutes! Thanks for today mate :)

mondeo_rearspacers.JPG

Cheers Fred :P

Spacers fitted, 10 minutes a side it took me...was longer getting the jack and tools out! :lol:

Rose jointed ends were still moving freely but gave them a clean anyway. The toe only needed changing slightly, so I think this must have been your fastest geo yet Tony, don't think it was even on the ramps for 10 minutes! Thanks for today mate :D

post-438-1236874661.jpg

looking very nice buddy, cant wait to do the same to my car :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've been having fun! Car struggled to start Thursday morning and couldn't get it started at all today. Was turning over but not firing up.

Started changing the glow plugs earlier. I've done 2, got the other 2 to do tomorrow. One of them that I've already changed was black, so I don't know if that means it's dead?

They're a git to do though, sockets are either too wide or too shallow so I'm having to use spanners instead!

Is there a voltage regulator to the plugs?

I have no idea mate...but if changing the plugs doesn't work I will have to check the wire that goes across them.

I'm sure it's the plugs though as it's been a bugger to start over winter/cold mornings first turn of the key. Put the ignition on/off 2 or 3 times and it starts so I think they're just knackered now :sad01_anim:

A google result for black glow plugs suggests it's running too rich?

Or not firing..... I've known about the regulator before on the mondy.

On diesels?

Yeah, they need voltage to the plugs initially...... It makes them glow :wub:

I will try and find out mate, I've not really had any engine problems with the car so never looked into stuff like this :sad01_anim:

Or not firing..... I've known about the regulator before on the mondy.

On diesels?

Yeah, they need voltage to the plugs initially...... It makes them glow :)

I will try and find out mate, I've not really had any engine problems with the car so never looked into stuff like this :(

With luck it's just the plugs, job done, it's just some time back i recall a similar problem and it turned out to be the regulator voltage....

Success! :( The car starts, sounded abit lumpy but that's probably cos I haven't used it since Thursday.

I dropped one of the little nuts though that hold the wire on, it sort of went under a metal pipe near the engine mount and I can't get it! Do you have a magnet I could borrow Tony? I don't think it's going anywhere though.

Just need to replace a central locking motor, find out where the leak inside is coming from, replace a coolant pipe and I think that's all the little problems out the way :)

Car started first turn of the key this morning and it was freezing! :o

Just bought some MK3 calipers for my front brake upgrade as well :lol:

Result on the starting.... I didn't know you were thinking of upgrading the brakes!

Car started first turn of the key this morning and it was freezing! :o

Just bought some MK3 calipers for my front brake upgrade as well :lol:

Result on the starting.... I didn't know you were thinking of upgrading the brakes!

Nor did I until I saw some calipers going cheap. The fronts will need doing before the year is out so might as well upgrade them at the same time.

Should have them by the end of the week so can clean and paint them :)

calipers.jpg

They're bigger than the MK2 ones and I can fit bigger discs, these ones for the Focus ST170 - Link

If I can find somewhere cheap enough I will be getting some EBC greenstuff pads, but if not I'll get some mintex.

Just ordered a new coolant pipe from Fords, £52.49! :D <_>

Also fitted me speakers to the rear doors on Sunday, they had been sitting in the wardrobe for 4 years! I had been too lazy to make a wiring adapter to plug them in! :D

I seem to have developed a squeak on the drivers side everytime I get in and out of the car, so looks like the white grease will be coming out :angry: