Ford Mondeo 1.8 TD

Rich

Saw the thread Marney did for me Fred...can't believe I missed that RSAP kit, was in Watford as well in the right colour and went for 120 quid ;) What's the chances of that happening again! :thumbsup_anim:

Think I shudda bRought a scooby!! :D

lol sometimes i wish i shudda bRought a scooby myself :)

but what are the chances of it happening again, here u go buddy:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Mondeo-ST24-Fro...3%3A7|294%3A200

click on that link, dont miss this one, it doesnt sound far from you either and in panther black, even if it goes for over 100 again, remember that u wont have to paint it your color so that will save u some £££ , hope this helps buddy :)

I did see that on MEG, been keeping an eye on that section now! :angry2:

It's about an hour away so not too far, no skirts though and this bit doesn't sound too good - Front bumper requires repainting as previous attempt to remove stone chips & make good has resulted in an uneven lacquer finish. Although I could possibly sort it with me polisher depending how bad it is.

Anyone know how to cut another hole in these bumpers so it doesn't look like a diy bodge job?

it does say though that he has the side skirts and just talk to him and yall can sort it out, im sure it wont be too bad to sort it out, i think he might just be mentioning it so that he can be honest with it, but from the pics they look pretty good to me,

as for the hole im not too sure on this, surely theres a place that can do this sort of job :)

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it does say though that he has the side skirts and just talk to him and yall can sort it out, im sure it wont be too bad to sort it out, i think he might just be mentioning it so that he can be honest with it, but from the pics they look pretty good to me,

as for the hole im not too sure on this, surely theres a place that can do this sort of job :angry2:

I've asked for some more photos and how much for the skirts as well.

I wanna find somewhere decent to make the hole as you obviously only get one shot at it! The old man knows someone with a bodyshop, may ask him if he can do that sort of thing...see I get them first though :thumbsup_anim:

as for the hole im not too sure on this, surely theres a place that can do this sort of job :)

I wanna find somewhere decent to make the hole as you obviously only get one shot at it! The old man knows someone with a bodyshop, may ask him if he can do that sort of thing...see I get them first though :angry:

yeah good luck with that one, im sure if u keep your eyes on it till the very end and make sure u get it, then u will be happy with the kit,

im still waiting for my tubular arms comming in from the states, the woman i spoke to said they would be comming by boat and it will take end of may and i still havent heard anything from it,

im also waiting for the guy to send me my 21mm arb from the states as well, again hopefully that wont take too long to do, ive just bought something else for me to mod on my car, i will show pics when i get the other bits from the states but i will start moddiny my bits ths weekend as ive got fri-monday off, so should help me sort out this mod that is needed :)

I wanna find somewhere decent to make the hole as you obviously only get one shot at it! The old man knows someone with a bodyshop, may ask him if he can do that sort of thing...see I get them first though :angry:

yeah good luck with that one, im sure if u keep your eyes on it till the very end and make sure u get it, then u will be happy with the kit,

im still waiting for my tubular arms comming in from the states, the woman i spoke to said they would be comming by boat and it will take end of may and i still havent heard anything from it,

im also waiting for the guy to send me my 21mm arb from the states as well, again hopefully that wont take too long to do, ive just bought something else for me to mod on my car, i will show pics when i get the other bits from the states but i will start moddiny my bits ths weekend as ive got fri-monday off, so should help me sort out this mod that is needed :)

Reads good Fred, as with anything these things take time but once it's all complete it will be worthwhile :)

Why not put a blog on here? I don't expect you to copy/paste the MEG thread but just link to it :)

Must've got an automated reply from the sellers email - I will be out of the office starting 30/06/2009 and will not return until 06/07/2009.

That's handy, the auction finishes in 4 days!! :angry:

Must've got an automated reply from the sellers email - I will be out of the office starting 30/06/2009 and will not return until 06/07/2009.

That's handy, the auction finishes in 4 days!! :angry:

thats good will try to post a blog on here, and the link,

as for the auction man thats pretty handy isnt it, he shudda thought of that one before he listed it :)

that to me just shows hes not interested in selling it, but hopefully u will win it still as those kits look nice on the mk2 :)

• 4 weeks later...

That's handy, the auction finishes in 4 days!! :lol:

thats good will try to post a blog on here, and the link,

as for the auction man thats pretty handy isnt it, he shudda thought of that one before he listed it :D

that to me just shows hes not interested in selling it, but hopefully u will win it still as those kits look nice on the mk2 :D

That kit went for 150 quid Fred, considering it has the skirts missing the front bumper was in a state that was alot of money! I'm sure I will find one soon though.

Checked the car over yesterday at WIM for the MOT with the help of Tony B, cheers mate and thanks for lending the ramp Tony :)

One of the wishbone bushes is seperating so I will be replacing both of those with Delphi ones as they make the OEM arms. That was the only thing we could spot which would probably be an advisory anyway, but anyone who knows mondeos will know it won't last much longer!

The nut holding the camber kit on the drivers side had come undone again, this time about an inch so some locktite went on that and no more knocking now!! Steering feels abit better as well :)

I still have loads of wear left in both front and rear brakes, probably another year. So Tony suggested I remove the front and keep them for when I sell the car and fit my MK3 calipers and bigger brakes now. I did want to replace the rears with the same style of disc so they match but there's no point binning discs/pads that still have life in them. Will get the car through the MOT first and then do the brake upgrade, just in case something else needs doing!

Oh and my aircon pump seems to be leaking as well, plus I need to sort this rust before it rots through and I need it welded :D

mondeo_25.07.09_17.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

MOT was today and she passed with no advisories :o

Next job I think is to strip the interior out and sort the wet patch on the drivers side, it's not drying properly with the carpet in and underlay soaked through! While that's out the whole lot is getting cleaned and I'll probably lay the cables for me sub, I think it's about time I got back into me ICE ;)

See, i told you it would go through :o and there's you worrying about the suspension ;)

Cause you did mate! :)

That lower arm bush was fine so do you still think I should replace them before getting the geo redone? Something is definitely not right with the way it's handling though! :huh:

Nice one matey, always a relief when they go through :)

Yep sure is, it's like having a hospital appointment, always nervous until it's finished! ;)

I do like to keep on top of the maintenance though so I'm quietly confident every year! :o

• 2 weeks later...

Been a busy weekend...photos to follow ;)

Well I've had the interior out for a clean and to sort a leak.

Here's the car after I stripped it and with the front seats back in so I can get to work tomorrow...just need a roll cage now!! :o :D

interior_before_04.jpg

interior_before_05.jpg

I used the wet vac on the seats that were covered in stains...180,000 miles worth. Still have the rears to do but these are the fronts.

Before

frontseats_before_01.jpg

frontseats_before_02.jpg

frontseats_before_04.jpg

After

Still abit damp though hence the different shades

frontseats_after_01.jpg

frontseats_after_02.jpg

frontseats_after_03.jpg

And the dirty water! :lol:

dirty_water_02.jpg

Next up was the carpet.

Drivers side was the worse due to a leak I've had for the last year....It could do with going over again though :thumbsup_anim:

My camera doesn't seem to like indoor shots, it looks better in the flesh!

Before

carpet_before_01.jpg

carpet_before_02.jpg

After

carpet_after_01.jpg

carpet_after_05.jpg

Next job was finding the leak...think I tracked it down to the right place...will soon find out! :thumbsup_anim:

Leak is coming in from the seal on this part. This car doesn't have an ecu so not sure what it's for...immobiliser maybe?

footwell_leak_01_arrow.jpg

The black/brown part is where the water has been getting in I think

footwell_leak_04.jpg

footwell_leak_05.jpg

Used some bathroom sealant around it so hopefully that will sort the problem :angry2:

footwell_leak_07.jpg

I need to sort a few rust spots, mainly in the front footwell and boot, clean the rear seats and put those back along with the carpet and lay the cables for me stereo!

Blimey you know how to enjoy a bank holiday weekend don't you!!..... Got to say the seats and carpet are mint after the wet wash, so full credit there mate :thumbsup_anim:

Needed doing mate and I had nothing else planned!! :angry2:

Did you notice my handiwork, the hole on the drivers side...let's see how long my stitches last! :angry:

Also I noticed the material on the door cards is looking grubby compared to the seats so they're coming off as well! :lol:

Home from work at 6:15pm, had abit of dinner and cracked on with the cleaning again! Done the rear seats and cleaned all the plastic trims :angry2:

rear_seats_01.jpg

The stuff to sort my rust also arrived this morning, can't wait to use it :thumbsup_anim:

bilthammer_1.jpg

bilthammer_2.jpg

Grrr....all that rain we had yesterday got through where I sealed. Some of the sealant was wet so it looks like it wasn't dry properly :rolleyes:

Have resealed it, more this time and fingers crossed we don't get any rain!

Grrr....all that rain we had yesterday got through where I sealed. Some of the sealant was wet so it looks like it wasn't dry properly ;)

Oh dear...... will it still be ok?

Grrr....all that rain we had yesterday got through where I sealed. Some of the sealant was wet so it looks like it wasn't dry properly :D

Oh dear...... will it still be ok?

Hopefully it will this time. Carpet is staying out till it is! ;)

Leak seems to have stopped now...I poured a watering can full of water down the screen and none of it went in!

Carpet is back in, the wiring for me amp is in and me new car mats that have been in the cupboard since April! :thumbsup_anim:

Rear seats in tomorrow and then just finish of the rust.

Also my greenstuff pads arrived that I bought off a MEGger so just need some ST170 discs now and can change the brakes :D

The neighbours must think I'm mad!! :rolleyes:

interior_refitted_01.jpg

interior_refitted_02.jpg

interior_refitted_03.jpg

interior_refitted_04.jpg

interior_refitted_08.jpg

interior_refitted_11.jpg

interior_refitted_12.jpg

• 1 month later...
Significant difference..... Think about it, the sprung chassis has little resistance to twisting so any bracing is a benefit.

May stick an offer in and see...why do these things come up when you have no spare cash! :smile_anim: