I got a new van?......

Tony

Well actually it's not for me....... First up the van>

post-2-0-48627200-1403425522.jpg

post-2-0-02077500-1403425533.jpg

post-2-0-15669800-1403425543.jpg

post-2-0-96097200-1403425556.jpg

It's an Astra 1.3 CDTI, 90k on the clock, full service history, bought from a trader no vat, no warranty, years MOT, tax, new discs and pads all round, asking price £3300.

And now to explain?....... Elaine's son Brad worked for Red Ball in the warehouse picking various equipment for events and later helped staging the equipment at the events. Problem is staging the events is what he preferd so he went from ok in his warehouse job to crap and they sacked him!

Nevertheless RB called on him from time to time for setting events simply because he is good at that job..... Long story short they said to Brad get a van and we will contract you regular work. Ok now the problem, he didn't have a job so no money, he can't get a loan because he hasn't got a job, Elaine can't help bless her because she is on survival wages so it went down to me.

We looked at the van and he was delighted but i was a little bit more clinical..... Oil grain felt fine, water "tasted" fine, cold start wasn't smoky, engine wasn't knocking, paperwork all correlated and the MOT was done locally..

Next the money moment..... I said to the guy £3300 is the asking price, i'm in the motor trade so what's the bottom line price and i will pay cash on the hip now? He said at £3300 fella it's a steal and it will sell regardless, so £3300 or walk away!

Ok so that's how it's going to be!....... I sat Brad down and explained if i buy you that van you owe me £3300, there's no interest on the loan and no time scale to pay me back "within reason" but i do want it back. I understand he needs to find his feet and all i'm doing is giving him one of those things we all needed when finding our way in life a "chance".

So drawn on trust and my love for Elaine saying he will want to pay that debt off ASAP i bought him the van..... We opted for a 1300cc due to his age "18yld" and insurance with zero no claims.... Again i fronted £400 deposit for insurance which he has to pay me back but the whole episode is a done deal now.

Couple of points that ran around my mind and i explained to Brad.... First keep saying "thank you" :D .... But in reality the van represents Red Ball so you cannot turn up with an old snotter, a classy van will cost money there's no way around that.

Now with van under foot already he's been given work for the next week by RB and another company who somehow found out about his availability?

He is now officially a "white van man" :D

No actually i was parked where the van is, what you can't see from the image is the hill..... Good news Brad bought a second hand side window today for £20, it's just a case of fitting it now.