Ferrari 360 Spider

parthiban

That looks like a nice motor Parthiban :)

Have the neighbours made any comments about you having it, does it look out of place compared to other cars on your street?

The boss in the company next to where I work lives in a modest semi that I pass going home and he used to have an R8 parked on the driveway. It always looked out of place with the Fords, Vauxhalls and Renaults on the other driveways! :lol: He's recently got rid of it and bought a new Range Rover though.

Have the neighbours made any comments about you having it, does it look out of place compared to other cars on your street?

The boss in the company next to where I work lives in a modest semi that I pass going home and he used to have an R8 parked on the driveway. It always looked out of place with the Fords, Vauxhalls and Renaults on the other driveways! :lol: He's recently got rid of it and bought a new Range Rover though.

There are quite a few nice cars up and down the street so no it isn't that out of place (there's a DB9, an XFR, a classic Rolls, and several Range Rovers/similar large luxury cars) but in reality nothing is as conspicuous as a bright red Ferrari!

Mine's in the garage most of the time so it isn't a major issue, I'm not sure other than my immediate neighbours as to whether anyone has actually seen it! Those who have seen it have only had good things to say though so that's been nice.

Your Lotus was stunning, wish I'd got a chance to see the lambo (maybe I will if you get another  :whistle: )

Btw, I noticed my front tyres are Bridgestones (S-02) while the rears are the OEM Pirelli P Zeros - is this mismatch anything to be concerned about?

The S-02'S are not ideal fitment, you should have Pirreli directional on the rear and asymmetric on the front but it's not end of days to be honest.

There are quite a few nice cars up and down the street so no it isn't that out of place (there's a DB9, an XFR, a classic Rolls, and several Range Rovers/similar large luxury cars) but in reality nothing is as conspicuous as a bright red Ferrari!

Mine's in the garage most of the time so it isn't a major issue, I'm not sure other than my immediate neighbours as to whether anyone has actually seen it! Those who have seen it have only had good things to say though so that's been nice.

True, nothing stands out more than a bright red Ferrari :D

DB9's are common as muck around here, I actually get sick of seeing them now! :lol: I love Ferrari's though ;)

If that's the garage you park it in then it does look a tight fit from the outside, it's a shame there is no room to widen it.

True, nothing stands out more than a bright red Ferrari :D

DB9's are common as muck around here, I actually get sick of seeing them now! :lol: I love Ferrari's though ;)

If that's the garage you park it in then it does look a tight fit from the outside, it's a shame there is no room to widen it.

Yep DB9s have become quite common of late as they are surprisingly affordable, they don't seem to hold their value too well.

The garage is tight, but it's wider inside than the door so it isn't as bad as it looks. I did look at changing the door to a roller as that would give me a few extra inches but it's actually not too hard getting the car in so haven't bothered for the time being. The harder part is getting close enough to the wall on the passenger side so I can get out :)

I always think of those pics Tony when I park my car - keeps me focussed!  :D

Have you or are you going to carpet the garage walls to add some protection if you were to get too close? Or some rubber guards like these - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEAVY-DUTY-RUBBER-CAR-DOOR-PROTECTOR-GARAGE-WALL-BUMPER-GUARD-/380711542526

All the walls are covered in carpet, actually done years ago. The carpet is a must as I have to rest the door on the wall or I'd have no chance of getting out!  :lol:

Carpeted walls..... Reads a bit posh, mine was just cobwebs :D

Lol, a necessity more than anything else - the floor is just broken concrete  :lol:

About bloomin time!!! 

Parth, it looks stunning mate, and the red is just perfect!  look forward to seeing it soon! :)

Thanks, got it done eventually  :D

Jokes aside it does look stunning though mate...... This is what you can get with years of hard work, trials and tribulations, so like the others i tip my hat to you and say well done............. Still jealous though you stinker :lol:

Jokes aside it does look stunning though mate...... This is what you can get with years of hard work, trials and tribulations, so like the others i tip my hat to you and say well done............. Still jealous though you stinker :lol:

Thanks mate - it's always been one of things I hoped I would get to do "one day", didn't actually think I might get to do it so have to pinch myself sometimes!

• 1 month later...

With the lovely weather over the weekend managed to get a few jobs done so it's time for a quick update! Before that though, got the top down for the first time and the transformation is amazing - suddenly the engine/exhaust just dominates everything!

And the grip in the warmer temps is stunning - so far I've been a bit nervous to put it in Sport mode as it loosens the traction control, but it really was nothing to worry about yesterday. Plus sport gives you the fastest gear changes (150ms or thereabouts) - hitting the 8.5k redline and then slamming the next gear in can get quite addictive  :D

Back to the little jobs..............

New AGM battery in to replace the previous "wet" battery (the battery is in the cabin so this is more appropriate):

post-1222-0-94464000-1394449544_thumb.jpg

CTEK battery tender fitted:

post-1222-0-59187100-1394449583_thumb.jpg

post-1222-0-02505200-1394449607_thumb.jpg

post-1222-0-84388400-1394449615_thumb.jpg

post-1222-0-58309700-1394449632_thumb.jpg

Big thanks to Voicey for all his help so far (and loads more to come I'm sure!)  :thumbsup_anim:

Great to read your finally able to enjoy the car without the worry of the weather sending into a ditch....... Roof down, sun shinning and the sound of glory as the engine sings. I'm not jealous at all  :angry2: 

Great to read your finally able to enjoy the car without the worry of the weather sending into a ditch....... Roof down, sun shinning and the sound of glory as the engine sings. I'm not jealous at all  :angry2:

Now that the weather's improving it'll be time for a WIM visit soon - look forward to taking you out for a spin :)