Is this for real

Tony

Sadly it's not fake: LINK

This is letting things get slightly out of control, how on earth do they even police that?

Although depending on how crazy it gets is when I might join in - for example if they let low emission cars drive in bus lanes then I'll buy one straight away! Seriously though with disabled spaces, mother and baby spaces, EV spaces and now low emission spaces there won't be many normal spaces left soon! :D

This is letting things get slightly out of control, how on earth do they even police that?

Although depending on how crazy it gets is when I might join in - for example if they let low emission cars drive in bus lanes then I'll buy one straight away! Seriously though with disabled spaces, mother and baby spaces, EV spaces and now low emission spaces there won't be many normal spaces left soon! :lol:

What a pity I don't live in Sheffield or shop at ASDA . . . . . :rolleyes:

But then, with Waitrose in walking distance and delivering free, I never take the car anyway . . . . . :P

Although depending on how crazy it gets is when I might join in - for example if they let low emission cars drive in bus lanes then I'll buy one straight away! Seriously though with disabled spaces, mother and baby spaces, EV spaces and now low emission spaces there won't be many normal spaces left soon! :lol:

Guess I'll soon be getting a lot more exercise then :rolleyes:

You and me in V8's will be parking over in the furthest part of the car parks soon :rolleyes:

Considering the petrol revenue I provide my local Tesco I would expect a reserved parking space next to the entrance :lol:

That's funny, I've seen so called low emissions vehicles (diesels) chuck out pounds of soot every time they touch the accelerator.

My last years MOT (certificates don't show it this year) has really low emissions:

At Fast Idle-

CO = 0.015 (Max 0.200)

HC = 24 (Max 200)

Lambda = 1.016

At Natural Idle-

CO = .008 (Max 0.300)

Not too shabby for a '95 Eunos Roadster 1.8l, yet my car is classed as a filthy polluting pile of crap.

That's funny, I've seen so called low emissions vehicles (diesels) chuck out pounds of soot every time they touch the accelerator.

We have just spent 30k on uprating our lorries at work for the LEZ (Boris tax) and yet London has not hit the targets for clean air that was set out from the begining......ever! and the next round of constraints will come around in 2014 with the introduction of Euro6,currently on Euro4 with the new Euro5 starting on January 3rd, if companies dont comply and have the exhaust conversion done and go within the zone they can expect a fine of £200 a day or £100 for smaller vans.

It's just a stealth tax that will hit smaller firms. :rolleyes:

If i had a coal fire in my house will i be taxed more?

Almost certainly - after all the famous London smogs that killed people were the result of a lot of people using coal (that the coal was low quality and that London sits in a bowl didn't help of course).

At the moment coal fires are seen as quaint and eco-friendly, but they have their own problems.

What the situation with a wood burner is like I'm not sure since wood is a carbon sink in it's own right.

ttfn

Government has gone mad.......

It's going to get worse, if they dont hit targets set by the previous Labour government the country get taxed (heavily) and where/who do you supose that tax will be levelled at?

Blair did well didn't he?.......for himself! a book deal paid him millions for his memoirs in Government and he has been approached by the Abu Dhabi's (i think) to teach them how to run a country :rolleyes: worth a cool £27 million....nice work if you can get it eh.