Engine bay babes

Tony

Nice :D i bet that dont hang around!! it looks a tight fit.

She's a bit nose heavy but still has a superb power to weight ratio... I did want to take some images of the axle conversion but it may have been intruding on the overall drive train construction secrecy, and since this evolution is only one of the two ever made i didn't want to push my luck :)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Darn I'm too late to guess this one, I would have got it too (then again it is mine). I can’t take the credit for the pro install look as it was like a big airfix kit everything went together so well. It’s a popular swap in the states and there are a couple of companies who make all the bits you need.

I'd like to thank all the guys at WIM for the work on the suspension, at least now when it's sideways I know it had something to do with the accelerator.

Darn I'm too late to guess this one, I would have got it too (then again it is mine). I can’t take the credit for the pro install look as it was like a big airfix kit everything went together so well. It’s a popular swap in the states and there are a couple of companies who make all the bits you need.

I'd like to thank all the guys at WIM for the work on the suspension, at least now when it's sideways I know it had something to do with the accelerator.

Prefabricated or not it still takes care and time to complete such a surgical install.... I tip my hat to you.

Oh not forgetting the perfect body level you set!!!.... If i recall it was within 2mm over four corners :lol: ...... Even my machine would struggle with that.

@RHDV8..... On that note did you have any issues with the steering position?...... By design it would have been LHD.

When you say By design it would have been LHD I take it you mean the "kit" from the US?

If so the front subframe is the same LHD or RHD only the rack is different. The only issues you have with putting the LS1 in the RHD RX7 are custom exhaust manifolds (to get around the steering column), a modified clutch pedal/master cylinder as the oem version wants to share the space with one of the cylinder heads and relocate one of the coil packs (just a tad) as its far too friendly with the brake booster. Apart from that, easy. In fact things like power steering lines etc are actually located in a much better place than they would be on a LHD.

Just to give your MX5 customers something to think about, have a look here

Engine management light on :) ....that would worry me.

Did you do the transplant yourself?......if so do you have any install pics to share :)

Yep did it all myself out of a very small single garage :lol:. For some reason I cant seem to add pics here so here is my build thread from the mazda rotary club:

http://www.mazdarotaryclub.com/forums/show...ighlight=hinson

Thanks for that :lol: it was a very intresting read, i could see some pics but not many as i needed to login/register but none the less it was well explained.

In future if you want to add pics you need to use an outside source/host site like photobucket.

• 2 weeks later...

BEGi Exhaust manifold, Stainless Down pipe, Size 2 Intercooler, steel IC pipes, oil & water lines

Garrett GT2860RS aka "Disco potatoe", RC DEvelopments 550c Injectors, Fast Forward Superchargers Fuel rail, 190lph Walbro fuel pump, Flyin Miata racing CAT, XS-Speed 2.5" stainless exhaust, FORGE motorsport Actuator & Blow off valve, LINK G3 Ecu, Koyo aluminium rad, 13 row oil cooler & filter relocation.

250bhp/220lbs running 11.8psi boost

Image015.jpg

Makes the car go ok, its full to the brim wet weight is 1020kg

Parent car a superbly restored Capri..... with this TVR 4.3 power house and a centrifugal super charger.

post-2-1214677107.jpg

post-2-1214677133.jpg

post-2-1214677155.jpg

Sounded unbelievable.... The car it's self can be seen here in the "Joy of Geometry" section.