Out on a WIM!

SHAHZ

Well this morning i popped along to have my annual geo check up!

Also had a couple of other bits done

Got a set of falken FK452s

IMG_1391.jpg

Fitted

IMG_1410.jpg

New set of rear shocks

IMG_1400.jpg

Fitted

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

Flush valves for the alloys

IMG_1401.jpg

Fitted

IMG_1411.jpg

And then on to the ramp for the geo

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

All done!

IMG_1435.jpg

Just want to say thanks to Tony and his team, for being helpful & professional as ever, 7 odd years of visiting Tony and he never fails to deliver!! Great work mate, keep it up!! B) Cars feeling just as it should be :D :lol:

Nice one mate :D Any reason you bought the tyres yourself?

Tony suggested i do so :D

Your welcome fella...... It was good to see you again and reminisce about wim's early days, hard to believe it's been seven years :o

You to mate :o, tell me about it, time sure flys :o

• 7 months later...
I recently fitted Falken 452's to my Octy VRS , big mistake they understeer horribly :o

I didn't like those on the Mondeo and they get worse the more they wear as well and rubbish in the wet!

I didnt think they performed all to bad actually, my one gripe is that the side walls seem very soft as 2 of them have had a bit of rubber come of after being curbed (mrs :( )

I've never used them but I always hear so many people raving about the Falkens?

Can particular tyres lend themselves to inner wear more than a different tyre?

Why i thought id give them a go, have always had T1Rs

Shouldn't be wearing simple as that.... Either the positions have changed or we got it wrong. You need to book in again Shaz so we can see what's going on.... cost it not an issue.

Tony i was in no way implying that it was WIM's fault, just a bit surprised/gutted they had worn so quick especially as the last 2 sets of fronts (T1Rs) had been on for years as apposed to months!

Will be in touch later in the week to get booked in fella :o

ive seen simular stories on the mr2 forums, faulkens and toyos being a particular favorite on the mr2.

ive used T1r's on mine forever, to be fair i get through the rears twice as quick as the fronts with conservative driving but that time frame is in years and over 10's of thousands of miles. Some of the guys on MR2OC were getting through a set of faulkens in under 10k miles which was what put me off.

Soft compound will wear quicker but surely if T1r's can last as long as they do and hold better in the wet you would thing the nearest competition would too?

• 1 month later...
Shouldn't be wearing simple as that.... Either the positions have changed or we got it wrong. You need to book in again Shaz so we can see what's going on.... cost it not an issue.

Tony i was in no way implying that it was WIM's fault, just a bit surprised/gutted they had worn so quick especially as the last 2 sets of fronts (T1Rs) had been on for years as apposed to months!

Will be in touch later in the week to get booked in fella :D

Tony, any slots available on Saturday coming or whats the latest possible booking on friday?