Honda S2000 Poly install

Tony

We don't actually know how this happened so it's hard to avoid, the safety gear we currently use is up to code but something went wrong.

Didn't remove his mask and rub his eye without realising? I know you always have the best and quite rightly so but like you say something went wrong.

We don't actually know how this happened so it's hard to avoid, the safety gear we currently use is up to code but something went wrong.

Didn't remove his mask and rub his eye without realising? I know you always have the best and quite rightly so but like you say something went wrong.

My old man has been working in metal fabrication for all his working life and been to hospital several times with metal getting into his eye,despite wearing correct PPE, Recently he had some health issues but couldn't go in an MRI scanner as the powerful magnets would move any metal in his eye.

Hope Joe is better soon!

My old man has been working in metal fabrication for all his working life and been to hospital several times with metal getting into his eye,despite wearing correct PPE, Recently he had some health issues but couldn't go in an MRI scanner as the powerful magnets would move any metal in his eye.

Hope Joe is better soon!

Sadly your car is on hold. Tony Barber is my top tech and then Joe who's not far behind on the more advanced installs. I have cancelled all the cars due on the ramp since your cars still there and my thoughts are with Joe and his eye sight.

I am in contact with other people i know in the attempt to employ them to install the bushings but i prefer my team to be on the job if i'm honest.

wow Tony :sick01:

really hope Joe makes a full recovery!

made me squeemish over pulling the eye out etc, but modern medican means hes probably going to have a sore / achey eye for a while but should return to normal.

thoughts with him and family

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, car feels great on the road.

Took it around Rockingham on Saturday and the car was going well. Also met Derek from GAZ there who was helping with the S2000 running a set of GAZ coilovers.

My spring rates are a little soft so I'm getting a bit more body roll than ideal but still, it handled well and was very neutral. As the tyres warmed up it did get a bit wayward at the rear end but this was due to the increase in tyre pressures due to the heat. Derek had his heat gun though so we tweaked the pressures and I adjusted the dampers a bit. Safe to say I think I had the setup pretty sorted for the rest of the day, dialling out a bit of the rear grip by stiffening it up a tad helped with steering on the throttle using the S2000s, rather odd to first time drivers, rear wheel steering effect.

Think I could get away with a bit more Camber on the front, but certainly the WIM fast road setup was a great starting point and traction out of the corners was superb. For a track setup a bit more Toe out could also help to get the turn in response on Rockingham's inner circuit

A little video outside, I have some incar but won't bore you with that :D

Nice feedback thanks for that..... It looked to me you managed to powerslide that bend perfectly, obviously a fast-road setup is intended to plant the car and understeer in the most desperate of times. Don't forget fine-tuning the chassis is free.....

My stomach is still churning from the whole eye removal thing and cleaning "sockets" :D

What set up apart from the new bushings etc are you running? Saw the vids over on S2Ki. Looked like a good day out! B)

Koni yellow dampers with spoon upper and lower front braces.

Pretty much standard other than EBC yellows on front, Castrol SRF and the Js racing 60RS

• 3 years later...

Update on this.

Car is still running well. Tony tweaked the settings last year before a track day as the front was miles out and had loads of toe out. Chewed the inside edges. Not sure why but maybe the subframe moved ??

It's now running nearly -2def front camber, 0toe and -2deg rear with a bit of toe in to keep the rears warm. It turns in like a bastid but is still pretty neutral and progressive. Very pleased with how it handles. On a warm dry day the corner speeds,even driving at 8/10s, are pretty immense. Very stable under power and braking too, I took a guy out at a track day who was surprised at how balanced it felt.

Rear tyres also did 13.5k before needing changing. F1AS2 (Even wear across).

Video of track last yr

• Like 1

I like the numbers...... What did they get for the castor in the end?

A little rear toe in helps bring some heat into the tyres but it's wise to do a heat cycle before your timed laps..... 0 static front toe means a little bit of dynamic negative toe since the front wheels at being pushed, this helps with turn-in.

I watched your vid twice and i have to say i'm impressed. Your lines where excellent, power on the corner and power down corner out is superb.

Thanks! First lap was more steady as I was running low pressures then allowing them to warm up. I saw another thread on here about s2000 setup so thought if add my input after the great setup you guys did

The car feels ultra stable. I remember you warning me it might be a little oversteery but it feels beautifully balanced. Tyre wear is also very good, despite 2 deg camber all around, tyre wear is perfectly flat

I drive it every day and even in crap weather, on twisty, mud/ salt slime covered B roads it has no issues. I can thank the tyres for this too though as the F1AS2s are very good in such conditions.

On dry roads it is a weapon!

• Like 1