Tony

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Coincidence

I picked up on Tony's original reference to Malathion because I had come across it, sprayed from helicopters, over the fruit fields of Southern California many years ago.

A few days after I had commented on this little known activity, I received the offer of a free eBook from Kindle and was asked to choose one from a list of five books.

I had already read one of them and none of the others excited me much, but eventually I chose a book called "The Black Echo" by Michael Connelly.

I started to read it last night, and on page 9 found the following paragraph:-

"There was a slight chemical odor on the warm breeze and after a while he pegged it. Malathion. He'd heard on the radio that the fruit fly helicopters had been up the night before spraying North Hollywood down through the Cahuenga Pass."

It's a bit weird isn't it.

The story is about an LAPD detective. It's written in a vaguely Raymond Chandler style and as far as I can see up to now, Malathion has nothing to do with the tale but crops up only because the central character is describing the atmosphere as he leaves his Los Angeles apartment early in the morning.

From the context, it appears to be set in the early nineties, maybe five to ten years later than the time that I was there.

I think our topic online left a mental mark making you notice the word whereas before you never took any notice.... Over the last week all i could see, hear and read was "wedding".

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That owl is freaky, amazing how some animals can blend in so well with their surroundings.

Brilliant imagination and how was it done..... Shop i assume?

Yes it's done in photoshop, very easy to do but quite effective.

• 4 weeks later...