This is going to get messy

Tony

Can't give highlights for obvious reasons....

Customer buy a second hand Honda from the dealer and it handles pants, HPI clear and the dealer washes their hands on the complaint. The owner has the AA inspect the car and reveals it's been in a bad accident, the dealer denies this. The AA categorize the car as "unfit to drive" and we have this car coming to the center this week for a conclusive impartial answer to the chassis positions, either way someone is going to be pi**ed off.

Can't give highlights for obvious reasons....

, either way someone is going to be pi**ed off.

Well let hope its the dealer and the customer whos parted with their hard earned gets it resolved with a satisfactory outcome.

Tony. i would advise you and the AA to write a detailed report on your findings and send them to HUK... or even HJP. Honda UK or Honda japan. they take customers complaint very seriously, also name and shame the dealer so i can warn the other honda forums.

this was not an accord by any chance as our forum know of an accord that was in a nasty accident and the garage did a cowboyy repair on it.

Tony. i would advise you and the AA to write a detailed report on your findings and send them to HUK... or even HJP. Honda UK or Honda japan. they take customers complaint very seriously, also name and shame the dealer so i can warn the other honda forums.

this was not an accord by any chance as our forum know of an accord that was in a nasty accident and the garage did a cowboyy repair on it.

I can't expose any details until the complaint has been dealt with one way or the other but i can say it's a Civic not an Accord.

I'm surprised too, I can't see how they can try and hide the fact it's an accident damaged car, ignoring the fact here that the AA are saying the car shouldn't even be on the road! I remember there was a similar story on LOC about a GS that was also stated by the RAC as unfit but they took that car back.

why would the HPI be clear ?

is this a newish car or an old car with a possible dodgy past

is this main dealer or an independant arthur daley type

why has it been deemed unsafe ?

HPI would be clear though as long as it hasn't been written off? Doesn't mean it hasn't had a heavy impact that hasn't been repaired properly.......

Will be interesting to see what the chassis looks like when you take a look at it.

HPI would be clear though as long as it hasn't been written off? Doesn't mean it hasn't had a heavy impact that hasn't been repaired properly.......

Will be interesting to see what the chassis looks like when you take a look at it.

HPI should inform off all categorys of write off a, b, c, and d, surely damage enough to deem the car unsafe would fall into one of those categorys

unless it was never recorded

Tommorrow we will see :lol:

What time and I'll come over then?

Don't answer my question then! :cool02:

11 am :lol:

Just realised you posted that yesterday, I thought it was coming tomorrow!! :lol: :tongue2:

Tommorrow we will see :lol:

What time and I'll come over then?

Don't answer my question then! :cool02:

11 am :P

Just realised you posted that yesterday, I thought it was coming tomorrow!! :lol: :tongue2:

And you call me "sponge Bob" :lol:

I've been asked to right a report on our findings by the customer, i can do this providing they ask via email so we are not an interested party. I can display the reply because no details about the car are evident, nevertheless i have to be very careful how the report is scripted.

Chassis image

Geometry image proved a front transverse and longitudinal displacement of the the sub frame

Secondary assessment

Wheelbase and setback positions prove the displacement is in the unsprung chassis.

In summery

The geometry positions and evidence of replacement parts conclude previous attempts have been made to resolve to a distressed chassis. It's in my opinion the anchor points are not aligned further extending the complaint. The cars history suggests issues with the near side front drive shaft that needed replacement, this is consistent with the current position of the drive shaft and it's longitudinal position and relationship with the constant velocity joint. It is in my opinion there are obvious signs of repair and I strongly urge that this car is not driven in it's current condition due to drive shaft detachment and or the belayed steering return during a left turn.

I hope this helps

Regards

Tony@ wim

summery - well it was shining today

it's - means it is

the the

are the ones I noticed ............

The first one is a spelling error but the others more grammar. To be fair I think Tony has mentioned he is dyslectic so I think he does very well considering -_-

summery - well it was shining today

it's - means it is

the the

are the ones I noticed ............

The first one is a spelling error but the others more grammar. To be fair I think Tony has mentioned he is dyslectic so I think he does very well considering :whistle:

No i was just poorly educated.