Advanced training starts this week

Tony

Our national network is due to open this week ( another topic ) and i'll explain all once visible. Nevertheless our network needs to come up to code so i'm starting the advanced training program this week.

The training compresses a huge amount of information in the matter of a few days so i expect the fail rate to be very high, this is not the students fault because they can only act on the knowledge they know and the truth is they know very little.

This leaves a "transitional" void in the network that the wim team will fill. It's not an easy task and this is the first in the world and although wim's not used to tripping we are top of the tree to put things right if we do trip.

With me luck.

Good luck !!!

Cheers, the only blessing is the fact the staff are really keen to learn, still this don't mean d*** if they don't understand the information... But saying that the ones coming to us have passed the "skill net" basics and theory so it should go swimmingly.. possibly, maybe, hopefully.

Your old boss gonna be there Tony?

One was my manager for about a year.

How do you think he will be having you/Pete training him...now that the roles have reversed?

I'll be training them, i was just pulling Pete's string, anyway he's the one doing the work.

I know the centre these guys are coming from so i think they are Tyre Pros top two and tomorrow is a testing ground for the knowledge base, that being they think they are good but how good are they really and how much more is there to learn.

It was an interesting day, the students where very receptive and recognized there's more to their industry than they thought. Two area managers also attended and they where equally taken a back.

What we like about Tyre Pros is their willingness to advance even if means tipping their caps a little realizing they have innocently missed the boat. Tyre Pros invest heavily in training staff but this is only worth investing in if the instructor open the wider window, from my past experience of them they tend to offer a smattering of everything, distilling the wider picture, obviously those on the spanners think what they know is all there is to know, today proved this is not the case.

Opening a network of partners that operate the "wim way" is not easy, opening a network that's desperate to advance themselves and operate the wim way is easy providing it's policed and staff have a communication line that's aimed at helping the tech, thus helping the end results.

Today's training was about five hours long, we all know you can only absorb and hour or so of new information, particularly if it's technical information, the guys today want to join/ read and contribute to the forum, which is an attitude i salute.

indeed, thats probably as much as you could hope to achieve at this stage. Its great to 'feel' the movement in progress and it helps that you are so open about your ethos. I look forward to somewhere a little closer to Hereford working the WIM way

indeed, thats probably as much as you could hope to achieve at this stage. Its great to 'feel' the movement in progress and it helps that you are so open about your ethos. I look forward to somewhere a little closer to Hereford working the WIM way

Next year we should 150 centres, fingers crossed for Hereford.