Crazy Camber

Tony

All for good reason but many will double take the way it looks.....

post-2-1270841175.jpg

post-2-1270841188.jpg

post-2-1270841201.jpg

All of Team Greens cars are set like this ready for this weekends 1st round at Silverstone...... Oh and with the new paint job wim has pride of place

post-2-1270841290.jpg

will be seeing this car in about 8 hours time......

Hello Mat

Your driver (forgot his name) left me a phone message and number last week regarding your car but the reception was pants and i couldn't make out the number, hence the reason i didn't contact him. Is the car due for calibration?

Please wait a few moments for Video to Load!
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Please wait a few moments for Video to Load!
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

One question WHY ?

Why do they have stretched tyres?

i may be compleatly wrong.....

stretched tyres litlit the amount of sidewall flex when cornering. it also makes it easier to brake traction, which in turn = drifty time :o

WTF tony!

driving with your wheels at that camber must be illegal!

i cant even bring myself to think of how many cj joint / drive shafts that gets through... oh, and tyres and suspension, and just about anything else to do with the drive train!

that car must handle like a POS :censored:

In the UK there's no law on the camber angles but the car must remain "fit to drive" within the manufacturer's guidelines or any mod outside of those declared.

Argument could be had that any car with tyre wear/ handling issues would also be outside of the OEM positions so technically breaking the law?

stretched tyres litlit the amount of sidewall flex when cornering. it also makes it easier to brake traction, which in turn = drifty time :censored:

Sweet...I take it this why you don't like stretched tyres on road cars Tony, as you can loose traction easily?

In the UK there's no law on the camber angles but the car must remain "fit to drive" within the manufacturer's guidelines or any mod outside of those declared.

Argument could be had that any car with tyre wear/ handling issues would also be outside of the OEM positions so technically breaking the law?

Tony.

How did he manage to get such insane camber though ? i used to own a mk3 ibiza and there was no way on changing the camber to such an extent to that.. or not that i was aware of!...

stretched tyres litlit the amount of sidewall flex when cornering. it also makes it easier to brake traction, which in turn = drifty time :censored:

Sweet...I take it this why you don't like stretched tyres on road cars Tony, as you can loose traction easily?

Yes..... Angles like toe twist the tyres sidewall momentarily, the stretched tyres and runflats cannot absorb the twist making the car tramline, if the wall becomes to twisted the grip saturates and off you go.