Brand new look coming...

Rich

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the New Posts link works but doesn't give new posts since last visit, it gives new posts since yesterday afternoon.

and "Mark all forums as read and return to index" doesn't mark as read.

and no edit function ( thought there was before ). How weird there is on this post but not my previous above !!

Firefox browser, resolution 1024 x 768.

Main WIM banner, and the line that starts in just 3 easy steps are too wide on my display. Also on the new posts section the title of a topic doesn't line up with sub heading.

It's not a big deal, more than useable as is ........... just being a tester ..... and currently "between contracts" I've got too much time on my hands ;)

The skin has been designed for the size you use, I use 1280 x 1024. I'd imagine you have zoom set higher than standard which will increase the size of the images, hence the main banner and 3 smaller banners are over the border. I get the same problem if I zoom in more than once...try pressing 'ctrl' and 'zero' together to reset the zoom and see if it looks better. Unfortunately not alot I can do about that unless I make the images very small.

and the New Posts link works but doesn't give new posts since last visit, it gives new posts since yesterday afternoon.

If you're talking about the 'View New Posts' and 'Today's Active Topics' links then by default they give all active topics in the last day. At the bottom of the list change it to this week, 2 weeks and so on. It has always been like this on both skins for as long as I can remember. All I've changed are mainly the colours so things like this should not be affected.

and "Mark all forums as read and return to index" doesn't mark as read.

and no edit function ( thought there was before ). How weird there is on this post but not my previous above !!

Mark all forums as read works ok for me (I also use firefox)...returns to the main forum page and when I click todays active posts they have all been marked as read, even though I haven't.

As for the edit, non gold members get 10 minutes to change their post if needed, after that time you can't edit the post. Gold members can edit their posts 24/7. It has been like this for a good few months now :D

Spot on with the zoom, I didn't even no I had it on !!

Previously if I shut the forum down and go back in later that day it wouls only show New Posts, it doesn't do that now.

Keep up the good work :huh:

In firefox holding 'ctrl' and pressing either + or - will increase/decrease the zoom. If you have a scroll mouse then I accidentally change it this way sometimes cos if you hold 'ctrl' and scroll the mouse wheel up/down it also zooms in that way! Glad it's sorted now :)

Here you go there is a difference in the code between the old and new skin for "View New Posts" link:

old skin - href="http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/index.php?act=Search&CODE=getnew"

new skin - href="http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/index.php?act=Search&CODE=getactive"

Here you go there is a difference in the code between the old and new skin for "View New Posts" link:

old skin - href="http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/index.php?act=Search&CODE=getnew"

new skin - href="http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/index.php?act=Search&CODE=getactive"

Strange that as the new skin was a duplicate of the other one! Anyway I've sorted the top link so it's getnew on both skins and the link at the bottom right of the forum on both skins is getactive :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So nearly 2 months on who is still using the new skin? I know there's still a few areas to tidy up, I've not had the time but I really would appreciate you posting your opinions up (or PM me). Don't feel like you're criticising as I want the skin to work for the majority of members :D

• 1 month later...
I'm still using it, had to look back in the post and check for "WIM Blue" at the bottom though. No problems here :smile_anim:

Has the box around the initial page heading been altered? On my display it is now overlaying some of the menu text.

I'm still using it, had to look back in the post and check for "WIM Blue" at the bottom though. No problems here :smile_anim:

Has the box around the initial page heading been altered? On my display it is now overlaying some of the menu text.

Can you see the xmas banner and what screen resolution do you use?

Edit - Should be sorted now, thanks for pointing it out :lol:

I'm still using it, had to look back in the post and check for "WIM Blue" at the bottom though. No problems here ;)

Edit - Should be sorted now, thanks for pointing it out :o

Yes - can see the banner - very smart - and the box overlay is sorted - thanks

Screen resolution depends upon which machine I am using - I'm on the laptop at present - 1280 x 800

I'm still using it, had to look back in the post and check for "WIM Blue" at the bottom though. No problems here ;)

Screen resolution depends upon which machine I am using - I'm on the laptop at present - 1280 x 800

Sorry, should have added that my desktop machine (which I am using now to do an edit) has a screen resolution is 1600 x 1200 and on it, the overlay has not been sorted.

Sorry, should have added that my desktop machine (which I am using now to do an edit) has a screen resolution is 1600 x 1200 and on it, the overlay has not been sorted.

I can only get a max of 1280 x 1024 with my graphics card...any chance of a screen shot so I can try to work out how much deeper it needs to be?