Ford Mondeo 1.8 TD

Rich

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wouldn't have thought so..... But weirder things have happened.

Only been doing it the last few weeks so not sure what else it could be, unless the bolts for the dash are coming loose! :shiftyeyes_anim:

• 4 weeks later...

Since the rear wheels were balanced the vibrating has more or less gone. Still got some issues with the car pulling left though so gonna swap the wheels over to see what happens.

I'm thinking of getting rid of the wheels anyway, especially before the winter weather comes as I don't wanna get stuck like last year. I'm thinking of either 16" or 15" standard ford rims with 205/50/16 or 195/55/15 tyres, I should get better grip on snow/ice with those. I will also remove the camber kit and put the standard top mounts back on as I don't think I will get any (or much) inner wear on those tyre sizes. If I do I can just swap the tyres over. The springs will stay on as OEM ones are prone to snapping plus I like the look/handling when it's lowered.

I don't think it's worth selling the powerflow zorst cos what I would get for it will cost me the same to get a standard replacement, which would eventually rot. Same goes for the rear tubular arms so gonna leave those on there as well.

In standard form the car is only worth around £400-£500 as the mileage is so high even though I've maintained it well. If I had the cash I'd keep it as a second car as I'm getting 500+ miles to a tank ATM (40 MPG) and is very reliable.

• 1 month later...

Well I've been told I could get up to £150 for the rear arms I have fitted. To import them from Canada now you're looking at around £250-£300 for the pair. If I can get hold of some used oem rear arms I can swap them over and I've also been offered some TD springs for £20 so can take the lowering springs off and hopefully get about £100 for those. Just leaves the zorst then if I can find a replacement.

Just received payment for the camber kit so that's going next week...got some interest in the wheels so need to find some steel ones quickly.

Also on the look out for some oem rear arms so I can sell the uprated ones. I really can't be bothered to replace the springs so they're staying for now. If my insurance renewal in January is less than £300 I'm going to keep it for another year as a runabout. I'm going to replace the front grille as it's broken and possibly buy another interior that's in better condition for £40. A full leather one has come up for sale at less than £100, always been after one but never got around to it.

Why bother to change the arms?

2nd hand oem pair = £20

my rear arms = £150

No brainer really

They were fitted because the lower suspension position you have overrules the natural adjusters on the geo?

Why bother to change the arms?

2nd hand oem pair = £20

my rear arms = £150

No brainer really

They were fitted because the lower suspension position you have overrules the natural adjusters on the geo?

No don't think so, I bought them cos they were cheap at the time, just stronger than the oem ones but 130 quid is better than nothing if they sell.

Just won a rear suspension arm for 99p (+ £3.89 p&p) so a right bargain! :rolleyes:

Do you think I should buy another new one or a used one? New I could probably get for £20-£25 unless another bargain comes up...used I reckon a tenner.

Sure really want the interior ? Oh and I have piccys on the camera of a motor you would have liked :rolleyes:

Mine is knackered, the bolster on the drivers seat is ripped, fag burn on the rear seat and it's done 187k miles so could do with a newer one. I should get most of the money back from selling the seat motor, 3 bases I'll have and maybe the headrests. I'm tempted with the leather but I'd rather put the money towards the new motor.

What motor do you have photos of...a Ford obviously? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got the interior, need to wet vac it and then fit...slightly darker than mine but it's the same pattern and in better nick.

As I was given a free grille I decided to try out the mesh I bought about 4 years ago so modded it last night. The grille could do with being resprayed but it's just to see if I like it ATM. I'm not sure if the mesh will stand up to the weather and stone chips etc. If I do like it I might get the proper stainless mesh that came with it powder coated and refit that. I also have another grille on the way, which is the standard ST one so will see how that looks.

I really like the black mesh though and looks pretty evil now ;) Note, I don't drive with the fogs on just did it for the photo :D

grille_without_lights.jpg

grille_with_lights.jpg

God damn windscreen was iced up inside this morning. I'm pretty sure I've sealed that leak I had and the floor is dry although obviously cold when touched. I think given the mileage the car has done the door seals or even the windscreen seal has gone letting the moisture in.

Do you think those heaters that plug into the fag socket will cause the screen to crack if I use one of those? What else could I do to drew out the moisture?

Shouldn't think that type of heater will do any harm, at best they only get warm.

Gotta be worth a try...being a diesel the car has only justed warmed up when I get to work so I don't get much heat from the car! :crying_anim:

Any opinions on my grille then? I got the other one this morning so will see what that looks like and decided which one to keep.

Black mesh all the way for me.

Yeah I like it as well, especially as the mesh is very fine and close together but I need to keep an eye on how the car performs. The standard grille is designed to allow the flow of air to get to the intercooler although I can't see it making much diffence as Ford put it on top of the manifold so it suffers badly from heatsoak anyway.

Do you know anyone who does powdercoating or how much it might cost to get the proper mesh done?

Opened up my other grille and it's got a black & blue Ford badge on the front, I'm gonna try it the weekend and get some photos to see which one I prefer. I think the black mesh I got might not like the winter weather but I'll keep an eye on it and see as I don't think it's stainless so might rust.

I just need to find another new rear arm now and then I can hopefully sell the tubular ones but I won't be removing them until I get a buyer as I'd rather got the use out of them than sit in the cupboard!