horror of the week 11/08/08

Tony

This car recently bought had an off-centre steering wheel so the owner took it to Crap-fit and they set the front wheel alignment.

After "Alignment" the steering was still off-line, seemingly the reason why exhausted Crap-fit so the owner came to us today....

Maybe this is why!!

post-2-1218474222.jpg

post-2-1218474193.jpg

I think this trailing arm might be slightly bent?

post-2-1218474267.jpg

post-2-1218474288.jpg

If their not sure they could have compared it with the other side

post-2-1218474349.jpg

I think this car may have been crabbing slightly?..... Whatever how ignorant is it that Crap-fit missed something that should be tested prior to an alignment and the defect was visible to the naked eye!!!

Front wheel alignment has no point of reference if the method used is reflected from one front wheel to the other..

Example of parallel

1: | |

2: \ \

3: / /

The point of reference is the rear centre line or "Thrust angle" if this is true then the front has an exact reference

post-2-1218475066.gif

If the thrust is wrong then inspection is required before the front is adjusted..... Today's car was like this

post-2-1218475185.gif

If the thrust is not acquired then front wheel alignment doesn't know where "ahead" is meaning the steering position will be off as it was with today's car.

Crap-fit need to change their staff motto in my opinion...... How about>

..... "Two weeks ago i couldn't spell tyre fitter, now i are one"

Or maybe a little more independent training rather than "hand me downs" from John? because he seems to understand that alignment lark.....

Agreed "horror of the week" and this is from a major fast fit chain... Utterly disgusting awareness within their own working environment "Crap-fit" hang your head low..... no even lower than that!!!

Oh i forgot the NSR drop-link was also broken but this seemed beside the point after the trailing arm.

OMG that is so bad you can't help but laugh at their stupidity! :D

Did the owner not realise the rear wheel looked funny though?

Yep, he noticed it and was told it was normal?..... I believe he is a member of MEG, handle is "h".

Cant beleave..no wait a mo i can beleave it :D the must usless bunch off tools ever to pick up a set and work on a car........those arms are so weak and one crap design to.i dont care to remember how many ive had to change on my own mondeos and other peoples......

We see this sort of thing regularly hence the reason "horror of the week" has so many topics.

You should make a book of all these and leave it in the reception for customers to read. Just a photo and short description of the complaint/problem and what the possible dangers are if it's not fixed. Even if it makes one person think to get their car checked more it would be worth it.

We see this sort of thing regularly hence the reason "horror of the week" has so many topics.

You should make a book of all these and leave it in the reception for customers to read. Just a photo and short description of the complaint/problem and what the possible dangers are if it's not fixed. Even if it makes one person think to get their car checked more it would be worth it.

That is a really good idea. The wonderful thing about the Internet though is the size of the audience, i only wish the topics could be visible in other clubs, there a real "head up" to the members.

• 4 weeks later...
This is why Crap-Fit have another company, that does the same work on the same high street. Public use Crap-fit once,, and think they will use someone else. Like smuget. the sad news, is there the same compay.

Indeed.... I think KF make their money from the bargain bucket offers and advertising, fact is you would be lucky to leave the centre without more than you intended to buy.

I know they have some very good staff and very good centres but collectively they are pants..... If you knew the interior operation (and i do) no one would use them!

This is why Crap-Fit have another company, that does the same work on the same high street. Public use Crap-fit once,, and think they will use someone else. Like smuget. the sad news, is there the same compay.

Indeed.... I think KF make their money from the bargain bucket offers and advertising, fact is you would be lucky to leave the centre without more than you intended to buy.

I know they have some very good staff and very good centres but collectively they are pants..... If you knew the interior operation (and i do) no one would use them!

I Do..

Sad to say, but i just quit working for the company that supplies most of there parts. needless to say, there parts quality is not so good either (hence no names) im now unemployed and a kept man... lifes just great.. :D

Sorry to read you are.... "a kept man" :D but i guess we could trump on for days about their antics and waaaaaay below standard products.

If the pubic really knew about the products and the bonus system, no one would go near them.....

In wim and wim franchise's there is no bonus scheme and there never will be.