ACURA

Integra DC1 ◙ 1990~2001

IntegraType-R DC2 ◙ 1997~2001

IntegraType-R DC5 ◙ 2002-2006

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toyo R888's are on (using OEM IS350 alloys) amazing tyres even at normal speeds.............car seems to understeer a bit more due to extra grip...........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You have lost me. Less oversteer due to more grip seems intuitive, but more understeer due to extra grip, that I find difficult to understand . . . . . :rolleyes:

Toyo R888's are on (using OEM IS350 alloys) amazing tyres even at normal speeds.............car seems to understeer a bit more due to extra grip...........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You have lost me. Less oversteer due to more grip seems intuitive, but more understeer due to extra grip, that I find difficult to understand . . . . . :rolleyes:

was pootling just felt different not sure exactly what bit different.problem is the car is new to me (only driven it 300 miles)

was pootling just felt different not sure exactly what bit different.problem is the car is new to me (only driven it 300 miles)

It's over-steering..... More grip more steering reply.

It's over-steering..... More grip more steering reply.

Well perhaps we need to be clear what we mean by oversteer and understeer.

My understanding of the classical definitions relate to whether front wheels or rear wheels are first to start to lose grip.

If it's rear wheels first, the effect is oversteer.

If it's front wheels first, the effect is understeer.

By and large, if all four wheels are fitted with the same tyres and all four are changed at the same time to another different set that are all the same, it should not change the basic tendency of a vehicle to understeer or oversteer, though it may change the level of lateral acceleration at which understeer or oversteer starts. It may also as Tony says, give rise to a different level of steering feedback.

rears are a different size to fronts 235 not 225

I know about under/over steer

the different feel is down to the different compound in the R888's as they are road legal track day tyres and quit sticky even just pootling round on a not very warm spring day

That sounds very good Dave and the BBK looks very nice but wouldn't it be safer to fit it aftr the first round than just the day before. If they are brand new, you need to bed the disk and pads properly before using them at optimum capacity otherwise it wil glaze the pad (not sure it is the correct verb :rolleyes: ). At least that's what I have always been told

That sounds very good Dave and the BBK looks very nice but wouldn't it be safer to fit it aftr the first round than just the day before. If they are brand new, you need to bed the disk and pads properly before using them at optimum capacity otherwise it wil glaze the pad (not sure it is the correct verb :rolleyes: ). At least that's what I have always been told

i'll be bedding them in on the way home from barries and on the way up.

i'll be putting racing brake fluid in as well.

worried that the OEM brakes will suffer from fade or fluid boil on the day

but you are right ideally i'd wait ;)

Some pics below of the work done today. Started at 10am finished at 4.30pm

Big thanks to Barrie Toney and Jane Newsome for doing 99.9% of the work.

We well they…..managed to fit rear anti roll bars rear chassis brace front anti roll bars 2 front chassis braces and the JUN-TW front BBK and about 3451 stickers………

TOM’s rear lower chassis brace

rearbracegoodrm5.jpg

JUN-TW rear anti roll bar

raerantirolltf9.jpg

in progress

inprogresshr4.jpg

Barrie & Toney

inprogreessbarriebl7.jpg

front anti rolls and braces

frontantirollandbraceswt9.jpg

JUN-TW BBK fitted

bbkfittedem3.jpg

On car

bbkonhe8.jpg

2 Time attack cars !

bonnetusewu1.jpg

the missing I is on now Tony..............

Well done to the Newsome pit crew since this type of install is challenging without a ramp....

The car looks fully dressed now Dave, very nice indeed... Good luck tomorrow but more importantly have fun :rolleyes:

Well done to the Newsome pit crew since this type of install is challenging without a ramp....

The car looks fully dressed now Dave, very nice indeed... Good luck tomorrow but more importantly have fun :)

i am used to not having a ramp, spent the last few evenings rebuilding the starlet exhaust, so getting good at laying on my back with a facefull of dirt

and anyway i let Toney do the most of it, i just pottered around with my angle grinder getting those brakes to fit :)

it was a joy to work on a clean car with no stubborn or rusty bolts to deal with

and boy does that thing shift :) .... :)

good luck tomorrow Dave :)

Was snow predicted ? I had a shock when I woke up. It is April after all :)

SNOW................BLIZZARDS MORE LIKE !

Few pics from Time Attack at Donnington.

I’d like to thank Lee,Chris,Elliot & his mate for their help and company throughtout the day.

Weather was not good going up. I left home at 4.30am with the car on Toyo R888’s (road legal track day tyres for dry or a bit wet) and front brakes needing bedding in.

All went well til just past Luton when the forecast snow came and visibility and traction were equally poor.

I had to be there for 7am so pressed on as you do…………

First pic shows my front number plate encrusted in ice…………

icehb7.jpg

Having got the car stripped out (well boot emptied) car passed scrutineering without a hitch………..major conflab on my American fireproof suit but was allowed on which was good news (Tony from Fensport had sent his FIA approved suit down just in case)

Lee was allowed in as passenger for the first untimed practice. Track was still wet and very slippery. Lee had done Donnington (in a Ford Transit) so was able to talk me round (I’d not done this track before). Car felt OK but was sliding at redgate but al in all not bad. Was not embarrassed on the straights.

Before the untimed practice we had a look at the other club challenge cars and as ever felt humbled my 352 bhp was the lowest there in the F/I class bar maybe a Sierra 4 * 4. Car was running on standard suspension as well…………

sameclassasmejx5.jpg

Never mind………..

Went out and did 6/7 laps which felt quite good with all 70 club challenge cars possibly out it was quite crowded and I did not get one full clear lap. Not moaning as it was the same for everyone.

When I stopped to make sure all was OK there was smoke pouring from my rear brakes (standard IS350) I went out and did 2 slow laps to cool them down. Time for that session was 1:35 and I was not last ……yippeeeeeeeee

Second session was quite good. Despite having a Traction Control on/off button it still stayed on which was a bit of a bummer.

Whilst not condusive to good times on each lap the IS350 was wagging its tail at Redgate,the old hairpin,shwanze(sic) curves ,goddards exiting the hairpin as well was a bit sideways. I need coilovers and the TOM’s LSD if I’m to progress. Power wise I’m quite happy (got the manifolds which should give another 25/30)………

outsidegaragepo8.jpg

pitlanexu3.jpg

rearvp3.jpg

Did a 1:34 for final session but did not make the final………….3 PRO class drivers were only 4 seconds in front of me which was good to see

wayhomeku3.jpg