Picking up my 64 plate C-Class Coupe AMG Sport Edition on Saturday :D . http://tinyurl.com/pfttdde

I've gone for the C220 CDI with 7 speed auto in White.     specs http://tinyurl.com/l733b9k

I thought it was about time I went for something a bit more grown up and comfortable. I looked at loads of different makes and models and up until a few months ago was going for a GT86 but the deals weren't as good as I hoped and decided I wanted a little more for my money.

Was then thinking BMW until I saw a C-Class coupe in white parked up on a trip out. Had already made up my mind my next car was going to by white btw.

Hadn't really considered diesel before because I don't really do many miles but it drives great and the petrol engine option is a bit under powered imo.

The resale is better this way to. Got what I expected for the Mazda selling just after summer lol. I don't really have the time to sell it privately anyway. Still time if anyone wants it though ;)

Closing in on 42 yrs old has it's advantages because for the first time I could afford to go new. The deal works well for me and is within my budget. (There will be a new Coupe next year.)

I'm really excited to to be the first person to own/drive the car I'm buying.

Just asking here coz I know a lot of you have new cars, what are the first things I should do to look after my new car when I get it home.

Danny.

Now that looks like a nice car, congrats mate :D

I definitely agree with the wheel sealant, when I got the new rims on the Mondeo it was the first thing I did and it made keeping them clean so much easier.

Unless you like waxing I would get a sealant for the paintwork as they look great on white. You can get ones that you apply every few weeks or there are ones that last for 12+ months but can be abit more tricky to apply.

You don't muck about do you B) ......... I would heed what the guys are saying about protecting the paint and wheels, ever more so sine we are heading into winter so it's soon going to be salt season. What i hope you don't report back is that the car drifts/ pulls left :sad01_anim:

Thank you all. So paintwork and wheels are my first job.

Will probably do this myself so feel free to recommend any products. Must be easy to apply outside.

You don't muck about do you B) ......... I would heed what the guys are saying about protecting the paint and wheels, ever more so sine we are heading into winter so it's soon going to be salt season. What i hope you don't report back is that the car drifts/ pulls left :sad01_anim:

You have me worried now is that a common issue with these? :(

Do I need to book it in for a check?

This is going to sound odd but it is a common issue and the reason for the pull is because the car is so well made? The reason for the pull is the road crown and the fact to compensate for the crown we need to stagger some of the front geometric positions but go outside of the MB parameters. The reason the pulling complaint is historic is MB are not allowed to violate their own geometric datum meaning they cannot stop the pull.

Not every MB pulls because there's build variations between angles and their collective positions within the allowed tolerances differs, a bit more camber on one build, a bit less castor on another build? Anyway i'm detracting and scaring you from the real topic and that's the joy of a wonderful new car :thumbsup_anim:

I bought Autoglym Lifeshine from these people for my new car which was white also. Think you would need two kits though for a Merc. as I had just enough of the paint treatment for my Focus:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-New-Generation-Autoglym-Lifeshine-PDI-Kit-Protection-Inside-and-Outside-/251633963705?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Vehicle_Parts_Accessories_ET&hash=item3a968d92b9

Other people sell just the paint treatment on ebay, but try ahnd make sure it is genuine and un-opened.

Thank you all. So paintwork and wheels are my first job.

Will probably do this myself so feel free to recommend any products. Must be easy to apply outside.

For wheels I use Chemical Guys sealant. I bought mine years ago so the label has changed but the product should be the same, a little goes a long way. It's like a creamy sealant rather than a hard wax, which I've used before and didn't like, this is definitely easier to apply IMO. I would give the wheels a wash and wipe down with diluted IPA so you have a completely clean surface for it to adhere to.

Sealant looks great on white and if you want something easy there is the Werkstatt kit, I have the trigger sealant and it's really easy to apply. Tough Coat is another good one but all of these will need topping up regularly but it doesn't take long, it just depends if you have the motivation to do it.

Then you have the long lasting sealants like Wolfs, Nanolex and Gtechniq. If I was to pick one of those I would go with the latter and get C2v3. I have the v2 version but not used it yet and bought that a few years ago now!!