Poo smells in car

S2IM

Morning!

Went away on Monday in the wifes car and stopped off at Greggs to grab a couple of pasties before the journey. Got back into the car and after 20 mins on the motorway we started to get a wet dog smell in the cabin. It was raining heavy so I put it down to the country air and the wet conditions.

Next morning pulled the car round from its parking space at the hotel and there was an actual plop and smothered plops all over the car mats on the drivers side. Looks like I trod in something at my stop to Greggs and it was now in the car! :o  :sad01_anim:

Long story short after lots of cursing I threw the car mats out, Dettol cleaned the pedals and any interior my foot may have gone near.

Got in her car last night and its foul! The smell is even worse now!

Could the smell have gotten round the air con system (we use full auto 20 degrees etc etc all the time)

Any tips on getting rid? Aircon cleaners? Any one ever wet vac'd a car before and where can I go to get it done? How long does a full wet vac take?

That sounds awful, if you stick your face right up against the vents does the smell get stronger or weaker? You can buy aircon cleaners that you spray into the vents, but I've heard that forcing a kettle to stay on boil in the car also works. Might also need to change the aircon filters if it's that bad.

Regarding a wet vac, if you have access to one you can do it yourself quite easily, otherwise the more decent hand car wash places will probably do it as well. I had mine done a few years ago at my local place after someone was sick in the car, think it was £40 and only took about an hour (takes a while to fully dry after though, especially when the weather's like this).

Iain you need Autosmart Bio Brisk - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autosmart-Bio-Brisk-1-Litre-Biological-cleaner-and-deodoriser-fabric-odour-/130635599988

I have used all of mine but have wet vac'd the Mondeo and Corolla with it before. It doesn't mask smells like off the shelf cleaners, it actually eats the enzymes that create the smells. I think where the mats have got wet the smell has soaked through into the carpet underneath.

Mix the bio brisk with warm water and spray onto the carpet, then leave a damp towel on the area overnight so it can do it's magic. Wet vac it the day after (I have one you can borrow) but you might have trouble drying it in this weather. If you go somewhere they will probably just use an industrial cleaner and probably not remove all of it.

Are you sure you haven't trodden it in anywhere else?

:(  not nice!!  might be worth having a look at the front end of the seat in case any went onto there.... as Parth says does the smell get stronger when you turn the heating on..... i cant see this being an issue but no harm in getting a aircon bomb and as above drench in in febreeze!

I had a similar sort of problem ages ado.... have a read of this...http://www.outlawjapclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2862

Sorry macca but this is quite funny :lol:

Sure you didn't have an altercation with a fellow motorist who smeared some s***e in your windscreen scuttle? The dog-logs inside might have been a coincidence! :D

pmsl! :lol:

All sorted!! £30 lighter from Halfords and a load of elbow grease. Detol cleaned the whole carpet, turtle wax shampooed the carpets and seats. Air con cleaner for 20 minutes and aired the car whilst it dried. No more turnip smells in the car!

Last car we had cat pee went over the interior after the moggies box tipped over when he had wee'd in it. The smell never went from that and it got sold so I'm very happy this has been resolved as we like this car!