To the point.........Price

Tony

Your workmanship is without question but for those looking for your superb service how do you price the details? Obviously there will be differences between soft top/ hardtop, saloon/ estate but you also talk about grade 1/ 2/ and so on.

I assume this is a question for Christian?

There are price guides on his website, but I'm guessing it's more of a case by case basis which is why they're fairly vague. Stage 1/2 seems to be about how perfect you want the paint (and therefore how much work he needs to put in!)

Lol  interesting topic :) 

Whenever i look at websites i hate it when prices are not displayed. With this in mind, i wanted my site to at least give an aproximate guide. As said above it is very difficult with this type of business to cover all areas as there are so many variables.

I feel 1 of the largest differences in services once machine polishing is involved, is whether paintwork requires far more compounding and refining, stage 2 - being machine polished twice with different products and pads. Or a single polish with a less abbrasive compound and pad that can be worked and refined in one go. Both of these requiring very different amounts of work, and caution.

I can rarely see a customers vehicle prior to pricing it, which again is understandable, as they will want to have a good idea before booking in. This requires some trust in how the vehicle is described. As a general rule this works ok, but there are exceptions :)

Any of the many extras, will also alter prices. Detailing is certainly a profession where prices can vary hugely.

It is also an extremely demanding job, and certainly keeps me on my toes :)

Hope this sort of helps.

When we had our 2 cars detailed I had a few emails back and forth basically explaining what I was looking for and what I wanted to pay. The detailer replied offering his services and made me aware of the rough pricing structure.

Once we were both happy we were on the same page he came down had a look and gave me a firm price. Higher than I expected but fair. 

Did a cracking job and did quite a few extras on both cars for no extra charge.

Basically got 4 days work for the price of 3.

From personal experience I can vouch for Christians prices, but what really impressed me was his after sales service. In bright sunshine my bonnet showed slight hologramming which Christian sorted with a 180 mile round trip to my home address. 

That was two years ago....needs a stage one treatment now Christian, I'll need to arrange a visit.