Landing light aircraft hits a Volvo......

Tony

Surprised it hasn't happened before as it's obvious from the first white car's failure to stop that the road markings are not effective. Still amazed that the driver didn't see the approach of the aircraft though, must have been distracted at the time I guess.

Just to say STOP clearly isn't sufficient.

Put a sign up to say "Oi! Heads up! You're about to cross a live runway - look around before proceeding!" Or words to that effect.

Still won't stop certain muppets though - you know the ones, those that manage to get hit by trains on level crossings. To55ers the lot of them.

Right now I'm looking out of a window into a car park at work and watching the most unbelievable incompetence as someone tries to turn their car round. I know exactly what they are going to be like on the road and no amount of signs outside and bleeps and warnings inside the car is going to stop them trundling around creating mayhem all around them and they will be completely oblivious...