Skoda Octavia VRS detailed

liner33

Yes my Race Blue VRS Octy was need of some TLC after doing my Evo at the weekend I felt guilty

Its not had an easy life but the old girl does scrub up well

So usual method

Snow foamed with Jubbly Bubby foam

Shuts, nooks and crannys and engine done with BH Surfex and Envy brush

Wheels and tyres done with Bilberry

Washed with 2bm and Megs gold class

Rinsed with Resin Vessel and left to dry

Polished by hand with Blackfire (I’m liking this polish !!)

Wipe down with Megs last touch

Waxed with Collinite 915

Another wipe down then Red Mist

Seat trims done with Zaino Z10

Plastics treated with 303

Windows cleaned with Brilliant glass cleaned then treated with Opti-seal

Wheels treated with opti-seal and tyres dressed with Swissvax Pneu

P1000682.jpg

P1000685.jpg

P1000686.jpg

P1000689.jpg

P1000691.jpg

P1000688.jpg

Stunning, absolutely stunning...... You guys in the detailing fraternity constantly p**s me off because i can't get anywhere close to this finish :D

:o I know how you feel mate....

Must say both the EVO and the VRS octo look awsome...really stunning and a great job... :D

All you need to do now is to do my car and show me how good you really are... :( :lol:

I use colinite 476`s wax or P21`s....Klasse sealant and also sonus clay bar and detaling bits...not the best but does me....

Need to get my vectra done all over now... :D

Looks good Rich, that's a great shine :o

I have to admit the more I see these cars the more they're growing on me!

Stunning, absolutely stunning...... You guys in the detailing fraternity constantly p**s me off because i can't get anywhere close to this finish :D

What are you on about Christian detailed it not so long ago! :( Most of the work is done in the preparation and if you're only using off the shelf (halfords) products you'll have a hard job achieving that kind of finish anyway.

You can get good results whatever you use imo , the difference is the level of effort you need to put in , that blackfire polish was great , went on nicely and dried away to almost nothing, much like colli 915 it just seems to disappear into the paint leaving little to remove

Different products can give different results but thats more down to preference as much as anything

i've had great results using MER and autoglym extra gloss protection so you dont need to use top products but they really do make life easier

• 7 months later...

Just thought i'd update this , not given the Octy much TLC since March , its been washed now and then and maybe a coat of Q/D but no polish or LSP

So thought i'd get her ready for winter, bit pushed for time so focused on protection and did this while the GP was on as i could put it on in the garage so around 2-2.5 hours work

Snow foamed

Washed

Rinsed and dried with mf

Wheels cleaned with bilberry and detail brush

Wipe over with Q/D

2 coats of Colli 915

Optiseal on the glass

Final wipe down with Z8

Should last until March

P1020804.jpg

I don't have a problem with all the main detailing, but I do with making the tyres all shiny and black. They don't really come that way when they are new, so why tart them up so much?

Its just my personal take on this.

I get what you're saying and if you dislike the way it looks that's fair enough but I don't see the logic in just not doing it because they don't come that way. For example if tyre manufacturers said they had to be dressed as part of the tyre fitting process, does that suddenly make it ok to "tart them up"?

When you buy a new car the tyres are dressed, so arguably that's part of the detailing process and returning a car to showroom condition :D

I do take your point guys, wasn't having a whinge or anything, I've nothing against ultra cleany and shiny cars it's just that to see shiny black sidewalls doesn't do anything for me at all - particularly on an older car. But if you say there are matt dressings that just really clean up the sidewalls then that would be fine.

Each to their own and all that.

Didnt forget the tyres just decided not to bother, didnt do anything to the wheels either its not worth it at the moment i live in the country the tyres are always muddy

I usually use Swissvax Pneu which leaves a matt finish just makes the tyres look new