Crazy offset

Tony

a few possabilities:

1) hard to balance

2) the rim must be quite chunky to support the load of the tyre as the main body of the wheel is near the centre.

3) the load being distributed through from the hub to the wheel to the tyre, means the wheel isnt going to be 'that' strong due to the fact the load is having to be fed through a 90 degree angle before the force is being spread over the tyre.

im a noob, what do i know! :D

They look cool, always like deep dish alloys :D Are you sure there's a problem with the offset, I thought with these rims the spokes just goes inwards to form the deep dish look rather than straight to the end of it? It could just be the angle you've taken the photos but they look fine to me :D

Go on then Tony - what's the problem? From the pics it looks like the hub is more or less in the middle of the rim, so doesn't appear to me to have a massive offset (or inset).

You win..... My deception failed. Offset is normally just a "will they fit" issue, but it's also important the tyre contact patch remains inside the SAI projection so that the cars weight is inside the steerings pivotal point.

Go on then Tony - what's the problem? From the pics it looks like the hub is more or less in the middle of the rim, so doesn't appear to me to have a massive offset (or inset).

You win..... My deception failed. Offset is normally just a "will they fit" issue, but it's also important the tyre contact patch remains inside the SAI projection so that the cars weight is inside the steerings pivotal point.

Yeeesss! Does that get me a discount if I make it across to you tomorrow? :D

Yeeesss! Does that get me a discount if I make it across to you tomorrow? :D

-20% for winners :D

so Tony, what does this mean to use mere mortals ?

does it screw up the handling characteristics of the car ?