Drying towels

Tony

They are the utter............ Dogs danglies. Bought a Turtle wax version rather than the Halfords special, just to be safe and i was amazed.... say it again amazed how well it clears the water and adds sheen, took nest to no time and left the paint gleaming :bananapopcorn:

This one?

Just make sure you remember to wash it with liquid detergent only DO NOT USE SOFTENER, otherwise you will make it hard, which will result in it loosing it's absorbency and will causes marring/swirls.

I would get yourself an order placed with one of the online retailers and get some larger ones as well cos they're quiet small for a drying towel :bananapopcorn:

This one?

Just make sure you remember to wash it with liquid detergent only DO NOT USE SOFTENER, otherwise you will make it hard, which will result in it loosing it's absorbency and will causes marring/swirls.

I would get yourself an order placed with one of the online retailers and get some larger ones as well cos they're quiet small for a drying towel :bananapopcorn:

Yep that's the one

Good to hear your getting on well Tony :censored:

This is the first wash since you detailed the Lotus some weeks ago :bananapopcorn: following you advice i bought a drying towel and..... well i'm amazed by the difference between this and a shammy.

I use these http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb...owel-cat24.html

Have tried most and these are the best Ive found.

I have one of those as well, the Uber towels are great, gonna get me another I think.

This is the first wash since you detailed the Lotus some weeks ago :rolleyes: following you advice i bought a drying towel and..... well i'm amazed by the difference between this and a shammy.

What are you using to wash it with though, are you on the 2BM now?

This is the first wash since you detailed the Lotus some weeks ago :o following you advice i bought a drying towel and..... well i'm amazed by the difference between this and a shammy.

<_< :rolleyes: I think you're telling :oink:

The first one by you perhaps :whistle:

Tony you where using a shammy thats like number 2 WMD of detailing second only to those rubber blades that swipe the water of the bodywork <_<

Like ER has hinted 2BM is the way forward after some Snow Foam action :rolleyes:

I still use a silicon blade before the drying towels. If you manage to scratch the paintwork with one then you have failed to wash to wash it properly. Not had a problem in the 5 years I have been using one.

I still use a silicon blade before the drying towels. If you manage to scratch the paintwork with one then you have failed to wash to wash it properly. Not had a problem in the 5 years I have been using one.

Not at all, it only takes the wind to pick up 1 spec of grit and blow it on the car for the blade to scratch the paint. This is why I prefer using a towel cos if any grit does get onto the paint aftering washing the cash it can be absorbed by the towel. Plus not everyone has the luxury of a garage to work in to avoid the elements.

Not at all, it only takes the wind to pick up 1 spec of grit and blow it on the car for the blade to scratch the paint. This is why I prefer using a towel cos if any grit does get onto the paint aftering :Pwashing the cash it can be absorbed by the towel. Plus not everyone has the luxury of a garage to work in to avoid the elements.

You do know that money laundering is against the law, don't you? :lol:

I'm not at all convinced by the arguments against the silicon blade, and anyway I only use it outside the garage as otherwise I have to mop the floor (with a microfiber mop, of course) ;) .

You do know that money laundering is against the law, don't you? :lol:

I'm not at all convinced by the arguments against the silicon blade, and anyway I only use it outside the garage as otherwise I have to mop the floor (with a microfiber mop, of course ;) .

;) Typo there I think!

It's each to their own in this game but I won't touch them, especially where I wash my car as there is grit everywhere!

Like has been said only takes a spec to on the blade to cause alot of RDS over the bodywork. I wouldnt use them as its just not worth the risk IMO just trying to impart abit of knowledge thats all. :lol: :lmaosmiley:

Is that from personal experience or just from listening to others?

Like has been said only takes a spec to on the blade to cause alot of RDS over the bodywork. I wouldnt use them as its just not worth the risk IMO just trying to impart abit of knowledge thats all. :lol: :lmaosmiley:

Is that from personal experience or just from listening to others?

Wow Im feeling the love from you Tango and Cash :( please dont assume because Im a newb on this forum Im clueless with other things.

My father has one of those blade things he insists on using it, having spent some hard earned days holiday on paint correction for his car I can safely say yes I do know what damage they can do. I guess he is and always will be deluded that a little bit of rubber that wipes off the water cant hurt :o

Wow Im feeling the love from you Tango and Cash :lol: please dont assume because Im a newb on this forum Im clueless with other things.

Not assuming anything, just asked a simple question. I'll listen to people that have their own experience rather than those that simply repeat the what they have heard.

My father has one of those blade things he insists on using it, having spent some hard earned days holiday on paint correction for his car I can safely say yes I do know what damage they can do. I guess he is and always will be deluded that a little bit of rubber that wipes off the water cant hurt :lmaosmiley:

My own experience over the last five+ years has shown me that using a silicon blade speeds up the drying process without detriment to the bodywork, and I'm sure that people that know my Lexus IS 250 SE-L that I've had from new, will confirm the absence of any swirls or scratches.

This topic has been aired on this forum a couple of times, and on Detailing World, multiple times with many people both for and against their use. I've seen scratches caused by the blades, but it's possibly down to misuse, either by sweeping across panel lines or over seal/trim rather than just wipe off excess water from individual panels.

I don't believe I'm 'deluded', and I'll carry on using mine until such time as my personal experience dictates otherwise.

TBH if a car's protection is maintained, i.e. it's waxed reguarly, then after rinsing where you should sheet the water off there should hardly be any left apart from a few spots. Therefore, you don't really need to use a blade anyway as a towel will soak up the few remaining spots.