Lancer Evo 6

liner33

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Been a little lacking in updating this

The clutch finally started to give up the ghost , the stock unit doesnt like launches and not that i make a habit of them i did one too many , the flywheel warped and everytime the clutch got hot ie in traffic the gears became difficult to select and the car was very jerky to drive

So cue new clutch time , a stock replacement is no good since it will only go the same way so a ACT uprated unit was fitted along with a later 7/8/9 flywheel which is larger than the 6 unit , giving more surface area , its bedded in now and the car is much nicer to drive if a little grabby off the line

Also changed the interior back , couldnt get on with the later seats i felt too high

Been buying parts for the next stage got a set of cams and a intercooler , just waiting for a new turbo at the right price

Really enjoying driving it at the moment

• 2 months later...

New tubbie isnt any bigger than the current one its from a Evo 9 and has very little mileage on it but is made of titanium as opposed to iconel (Guessing nickel and iron alloy) it also has a different shaped wastegate which makes boost control better , the plan is that the new turbo will spool up better and the new cams will hold the power longer increasing the power bands width

• 4 weeks later...