Todays new product!

Rich

I found out this company is not far from me and I've been after some decent glass sealant for ages.

The most obvious choice would be rain x but I've heard mixed reviews about this so decided to give it a miss. The next choice was the Carlack glass sealant kit, which is £13.95 plus £4.95 postage and others I've found are even more expensive! So I picked up this bottle of G-Techniq G3 this morning and spent the next 2 hours cleaning all the glass thoroughly before applying using those round cotton pads that women use for make up! :smile_anim: It went on very easily and you just use paper towel to wipe any streaks away, the glass now feels silky smooth!

It's suppose to last at least 5 months and there is loads left so I will probably be doing everyone's car. Will be great for winter, as well as clearing water it helps prevent ice from sticking to the glass as well. Photo of the product below but the video isn't my car, I will try and get one though :)

Forgot to add, this cost £9.95 collected and £11.86 posted.

g_techniq_g3.jpg

Please wait a few moments for Video to Load!

Let us know how it goes, you should get a good test the next couple of days :)

Yep will do, heavy rain this weekend :D

Shame I don't have a camcorder headrest mount to film while I drive...just off to ebay! :smile_anim:

If you want to try it out and for guaranteed rain head for WIM central.

Always rains in Chesham! :smile_anim: I will be there Saturday morning so will take the camera to film while I stay indoors!

Are you?....... why, what's sup :)

I wanted to check the coolant in the pug to see how much anti freeze there is. I bought a tester but the tube isn't long enough to reach so Tony said he has one I can use.

That is incredible! Have you used it on the windscreen too or just the other windows? If on the windscreen, can you still use the wipers over it? Really interested to see if that lasts well, might be interested in getting some of that myself :)

I've put it on all the glass, even the wing mirrors!

They do 2 versions, G1 and G3. G1 lasts for 2 years from a single application and is more effective for motorway driving, i.e. faster speeds. G3 doesn't last as long but the water will start to clear at lower speeds, under 40 mph but still fine at faster speeds.

You can use wipers, screenwash and glass cleaner with no problems. What seems to remove the sealant is when people start scrubbing at it.

When I took the dogs out a while ago there was some crazy beading going on! :smile_anim:

• 3 weeks later...

Update...I took the G3 back as the wipers just removed it after a couple of days. It seems the G3 bonds to the glass differently to G1 and is more suited for marine glass.

I got some G1 instead and G4 glass cleaner for free, they're still doing the offer but be quick as it won't be on for much longer - G1 & G4 Offer

Drove to Essex on Saturday, which is 60 miles. Was dry on the way there but hammered it down on the way home so perfect for testing it. The beading is still small and tight so visibility is alot better compared to untreated glass. Driving down the country lanes with no street lamps I didn't have to use the wipers, I tried once and it made no difference. When I got to a road with street lamps it was abit more difficult to see with the light shining on the screen but I still didn't have to use the wipers.

On the motorway the rain started repelling at around 40mph+ and the faster you go the quicker it clears. When the rain stopped and it was just road spray I did find this didn't start clearing until I hit 60mph+, maybe cos it's a very fine spray. This was the only time I had to use the wipers on the drive home and in total for 60 miles I used them 7 times. Was very impressed with that :(

If you do get G1 the smallest bottle is 15ml, it's not much but you can do a whole car or 3 to 4 windscreens. I did mine and the missus car (2 coats each) and have half left. You also get a residue remover with it (G2), the G1 is just wiped on and left to haze, then wiped off with G2. It might seem a little bottle but bear in mind this one lasts for up to 2 years or 40,000 miles :D

g1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hello matey, been a while B)

Hows this stuff doing now with the crappy weather were having? Is it still working well? :snorkle:

Hi mate :lol:

It's working very well, the beading is small and tight so visibility is alot better. The rain starts to repel around 35-40mph so it's not really suited to town driving but is great on the motorway. It hasn't been removed by the wipers so I'm very impressed and recommend it if you're thinking of getting some. I will have to make a little video when I get the chance.

I left the G3 I originally got on the side windows and that still repels the rain at around 30mph+.

Another benefit is that when it's frosty in the morning it doesn't stick to the glass anymore. I just use some cold/very luke warm water to melt it all as my heated screen don't work but if it did it should clear alot quicker than untreated glass :lol:

• 2 months later...

Couple of videos for you on the missus car. I cleaned it this afternoon and was seriously impressed with the beading/sheeting considering the harsh winter we've had! Highly recommend the G1 :(

I held the phone the wrong way so the video is sideways...sorry in advance if you strain your neck!! :lol:

With the gilmour sprayer

With an open hose

So you haven't retreated that? When was it treated originally and how many washes has it had? That's seriously impressive if it's been on there a while!

Nope that is still the original sealant I put on at the end of November 09. Half the bottle was used to do mine and the missus front screen with 2 coats each. The bottle is 15ml so roughly 3.75ml of product was used, so yes it's seriously impressive! :lol: :(