Thought i had better change me tyre

Tony

Oh well in a week or two i'll get it on the rig and set the chassis but at the moment i just cannot be arsed...... blink.gif

It's lucky your customers don't have that attitude :smile_anim:

Had a similar wear pattern on my wifes 3.0 cdti elite 57 plate vectra with standard 215/50/17 95w tyres.

Would that be camber related or toe ?

I would be grateful if you could let me know if the 3.0 litre has different geometry settings that the other vectras.

I had the car checked on a similar machine to yours and the camer is about -1degree both sides.

I made sure the boot was empty but the fuel tank full.

Cheers

Nick.

Should be camber but it's also on the wall so the castor may be involved.... i'll put it on the rig next week.

Hi! new to your forum. Found the site last evening, and delighted to find some very good technical expertise. So thought I'd have a look at the forum. I'm researching BMW tyre wear. Happened to find this thread. And here we have pictures, so similar to BMW rear wear.

I'm a veteran BMW user, so very familiar with rear inner wear, but the latest rash of RFT tyre wear and cracked rims has got me looking to why the camber wear is so severe, particularly on the E92/3 models. Cracked rims is another subject...

I'm very interested in any views on this subject, is it just geometry, as the tyre wear illustrated on this thread, or is there more to it? For example for the BMWs, is the stiff side wall also making it worse during cornering. I sense the speed of some premature failures from new, is involving some sort of scuffing.

To take it further, perhaps I should start a new thread on the BMW issues. Don't want to barge in as a new boy.

Sorry if I'm taking the thread slightly off topic.

HighlandPete

Should be camber but it's also on the wall so the castor may be involved.... i'll put it on the rig next week.

Hi! new to your forum. Found the site last evening, and delighted to find some very good technical expertise. So thought I'd have a look at the forum. I'm researching BMW tyre wear. Happened to find this thread. And here we have pictures, so similar to BMW rear wear.

I'm a veteran BMW user, so very familiar with rear inner wear, but the latest rash of RFT tyre wear and cracked rims has got me looking to why the camber wear is so severe, particularly on the E92/3 models. Cracked rims is another subject...

I'm very interested in any views on this subject, is it just geometry, as the tyre wear illustrated on this thread, or is there more to it? For example for the BMWs, is the stiff side wall also making it worse during cornering. I sense the speed of some premature failures from new, is involving some sort of scuffing.

To take it further, perhaps I should start a new thread on the BMW issues. Don't want to barge in as a new boy.

Sorry if I'm taking the thread slightly off topic.

HighlandPete

Hi Pete

Welcome to wim and it's uncanny you asking this question because i'm in the process of writing a web page devoted to the BMW tyre wear issue. Maybe start a new thread on the topic so the posts are specific to the topic..

Hi Pete

Welcome to wim and it's uncanny you asking this question because i'm in the process of writing a web page devoted to the BMW tyre wear issue. Maybe start a new thread on the topic so the posts are specific to the topic..

Sounds interesting... as an engineer I'd like to get involved in discussiong this subject. I'll put my thoughts, experiences and photos together and start a new thread.

Thanks for the welcome.

HighlandPete

I'm glad you posted this Tony as I got caught out and was quite embarrassed, as I take pride in keeping my car in tip top condition, how could I have overlooked something as simple as tyre wear :lol: I think its just because I assumed my car was well looked after that I didnt keep a closer eye on my tyres.