Horror of the week 12/10/09

Tony

I've had a day of it today, first up was an Omega which on inspection had loads of play in the idler arm, it then transpired the retaining nut has half a turn from detaching :lol:

Then this....>

post-2-1255379410.jpg

post-2-1255379425.jpg

Not only was the nut missing but the bolt was on the way out.... scary thing is this newly acquired car has a new MOT :thumbsup_anim:

That's dreadful, couls have been really dangerous if they hadn't brought it to you. Is the owner going to report the MOT test station and show these pictures?

This was one of many faults we found with the car, in fact it was so bad i refused to set the chassis!...... The owner is a young lad, probably swapped the car for a Kebab so i'm reasonably sure he won't pursue the pub MOT.

Hi Tony, thanks for sorting my Omega yesterday when you showed me the nut on the idler i went cold at what could have happened, don't know why they are not fitted with nylon inserts but will check them more often, Can't remember the car ever running so well

thanks again

Steve

Hi Tony, thanks for sorting my Omega yesterday when you showed me the nut on the idler i went cold at what could have happened, don't know why they are not fitted with nylon inserts but will check them more often, Can't remember the car ever running so well

thanks again

Steve

Your welcome....... She came perilously close to be "horror of the week"..... Fortunately the Peugeot 306 was a bigger horror :smile_anim: