I've just helped my son buy a Citroen C2 SX for hin to practice his driving skills. I bought him a car about 4 years ago but he went off to Uni before he took his test so I sold it.

We have bought this car from ebay, we went and checked it out last weekend before bidding and apart from all four wheel trims having hit the car once or more times it was very clean. One lady owner ( yes I know ), 25,000 miles in five years and looks and drives nice, owner selling it not a dealer. Did an HPI check just to be sure. Got it for a good price. Pick it up Saturday.

So the question for you guys anybody know anything about them and got any tips? It'll need tracking checking as a minimum due to the state of the wheel trims. Any common problems or things to look at sooner rather than later? Do they have timing belts? It's a 1.1 engine and manual box. One of the two keys wasn't working so I guess it's try battery replacement first otherwise a trip to Citoen to ask about reprogramming or replacement.

any tips?

It'll need tracking checking as a minimum due to the state of the wheel trims.

any tips?

Yeah don't go for tracking...you should know this by now! :smile_anim:

A bloke round here used to have a C2 VTS...nice looking motor...how much bhp does the 1.1 have though? :)

It's 61 bhp, ideal for a learner / new driver. Group 1 insurance.

Damn that's gonna be slow! :smile_anim: But then again they're not heavy cars so makes up for it that way.

Group 1 insurance should be cheap as chips though :)

Group 1 insurance should be cheap as chips though :o

my mate paid the best part of £1700 to insure his 17 year old son on a group 1 car........third party fire and theft..... :lol: not even a new one, on an 02 plate

seems like the insurance company are giving him about 80% chance of having some kind of accident......

Group 1 insurance should be cheap as chips though ;)

my mate paid the best part of £1700 to insure his 17 year old son on a group 1 car........third party fire and theft..... :lol: not even a new one, on an 02 plate

seems like the insurance company are giving him about 80% chance of having some kind of accident......

That's just taking the mick! :o

When I was 17 it cost around 700 quid to insure an xr3i.

Four years ago I insured a Corsa for hin for £500, now chapest I can get is £865. these are fully comp. though.

i did try the insurers on here but the underwriters won't take the risk.