Chip in windscreen

Noticed on the pug there is a small chip and crack appearing on the drivers side, which is the size of half a pea if that. Insurance is only TPFT so what's the best thing to do? Had a look on autoglass and prices start from 70 quid plus vat for a repair! Sod that :)

I don't know but it's not heated. I'm sure I've seen a stand outside halfrauds before offering free repairs but what's the difference between theirs and a 70 quid autoglass repair!

£70 :)

I was thinking about the quality of the repair :o Insurance is due soon, time to go FC maybe.

How much more will that cost..... just get it injected you tight arse :(

You do know there's a credit crunch! :)

Insurance to go FC was less than a 100 quid extra so might be worth doing. I'll drive past halfords though see if it's there!

Probably, maybe worth a call. You can buy a kit to do it yourself. Trouble is if it's started to crack you need to get it done sooner rather than later.

Usually if it's starting to crack then they will not do it anyway as the vacuum pump to get the repair resin in the chip and inner lamination is more than likely to cause the crack to lengthen (which of course is when they quote you for a new screen).

Bugger! I will find out if it can be repaired and if I'm covered on insurance. Why is it woman don't tell you anything is wrong until it's too late, she drives the car not me! :(