All they had to do was stop!

Tony

Damn, although seeing as it was a range rover driver, probably thought it was running on runflats :lol:

How wrong they were :lol: mind you the black thing bolted to the valve is a pressure censor so they would have had a clue.

I had to change a tyre recently because of a puncture, i was stuck in very slow moving trafic and didn't realise the front left tyre was almost flat, it only became obvious when i tried going around the roundabout where i couldn't stop safely so had to drive another 50 yards (very slowly) to a nearby carpark...I didn't think i had done any damage till i got to the garage and when they removed the tyre it was all grated up on the inside... :lol:

pressure sensors would have saved me replacing a practlcally new tyre :lol:

Tony, does WIM/BB offer a "end to end" aftermarket TPMS installation service? So from installing the sensors in the wheels to hooking up the in-car display electronics.

Was thinking of getting the Hella TC-400, but at £380+vat :lol: I decided to go with a cheaper system.

http://www.tyresure.com/

This seems to be the only other decent one I can find in the UK, and the sensor and valve can be replaced seperately unlike some where which is all-in-one unit. Have any of your previous customers got this installed?

I quite like those, it's a really cool gadget plus has a practical use! Do the pressure sensors have batteries in them? How does it work exactly as it's obviously wireless to the main unit?

Also what's better about the Hella unit compared to the tyresure one? Aesthetically it looks a bit better, but the tyresure shows all 4 tyres at once which should be more useful? Btw, it's only $200 in the US so that's some mark-up over here!

I quite like those, it's a really cool gadget plus has a practical use! Do the pressure sensors have batteries in them? How does it work exactly as it's obviously wireless to the main unit?

Also what's better about the Hella unit compared to the tyresure one? Aesthetically it looks a bit better, but the tyresure shows all 4 tyres at once which should be more useful? Btw, it's only $200 in the US so that's some mark-up over here!

The sensors have lithium batteries in them which claim to last 7 years, pretty similar lifetime to other TPMS sensors. The data is transmitted wirelessly, think at 433MHz back to the main unit.

TBH I'm not sure what's so great about the Hella one other then the neat display, and it can monitor the spare tyre too, but you don't have live monitoring of tyre pressure/temp on all 4 tyres at once so Tyresure is superior in that respect.

Also the Hella sensor/valve design is worse then the Tyresure IMHO because it's an all-in-one unit, so if the valve is broken then the whole thing has to be replaced at £80+vat a pop, whereas the Tyresure is seperate so you can change the valve everytime you change the tyre if preferred, and that's only £4 each.

And yes I got a shock when the Hella reseller told me the price, it's only $200 in the US, listed price 299 euros on Hella Germany catalogue, then somehow it's £380+vat in the UK :lol:

Right, put this on my to-buy list, and when I decide to put on my winter tyres will get it all done at BB.

Think I might get one of these, wish I'd thought of it before I had all new tyres fitted last year........Tony how much would it cost to have all the tyres removed, have the sensors fitted and then refit the tyres?

The tyresure one is definitely the one to go for then if the valve is detachable from the sensor.........aren't the valves metal? And isn't it recommended to replace metal valves each time you have your tyres changed? £80 extra every time I change a tyre is not an expense I'm too keen on! :lol: