Coilover V Shock/Springs

S2IM

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All sorted now :rolleyes: No more vibration! Wheels swapped front to rears. Once you guys get the new alloy wheel fixer upper machine type thing one of them needs looking at which has a bit of a buckle but not enough to make it noticable while the wheel is on the rear.

• 1 month later...

Well I have to say the ride is not as harsh as I thought it would be, in fact it feels the same on smooth tarmac and boy does it stick to the road now!! :smile_anim:

iainswrx1.jpg

iainswrx2.jpg

iainswrx3.jpg

@ER.... well yes, that's my job :smile_anim:

What making cars stick to the road, certainly is! :ph34r_anim:

Truth is this car was an easy fix..... He bought a decent suspension package and the Geo was domestic so no mystery there.

It certainly is a fast well planted car now. Recently had all the brakes done to PF Compound stuff, the suspension, the mapping/mods and its all tied in nicely. :smile_anim:

Thing is - i have my eyes on a S2000 now!! :speak_cool:

Not sure yet though... I know if I got rid I would miss it like anything! But would love a quick 2 seater.

Thing is - i have my eyes on a S2000 now!! :speak_cool:

Not sure yet though... I know if I got rid I would miss it like anything! But would love a quick 2 seater.

So that's why Louise got the astra, for when you do those long trips that need a boot! :smile_anim:

The S2000 is hard work to keep on the road "geometrically".....

So might not be as much fun as the scooby?

No.... They need some additions to the chassis and careful consideration geometrically to make them stick. Honda sent out many bulletins for the rear geometry positions and non of them really worked.

get a cheap mx5 and keep it.

Its a very good idea however lack of storage means what ever I get next will be my main driver and toy. This happened last year at about the same time... i started looking at elises. I think its the summer that does it. Winter time I was more than happy with mine

I used to have a MX5 a few years back (1.8i Sport) which had eibachs and a geo set up done + sticky toyos, and that was brilliant. Problem was I was getting out accelerated by Merc Sprinter vans :s It was like glue round the twisty bits though

I could get another and take it up to performance 5 in Pinner... nice greddy turbo converson ;)

Iain, here's that thread I told you about on Sunday, just to tickle your taste buds! ;) Linky

Something similar to that would be spot on :D And yes... now we have a comfy 5 door oil burner for all the long journeys/tip runs/nights out never more of a better time!! ;) 480 miles to 40 litres of diesel, its great!

You might be surprised actually. I was talking to Sean (roothlessdriver) who has a supercharged 1.8 and he said the Hornet (standard power, trick suspension) was, in someways, more fun because he could drive the nuts off it.

So does this mean that the S2000 has a "flawed" chassis...?

Many revisions were done but in my opinion it's never been right.

That's doesn't read good :D

I have to say though the next car I get will depend on how adjustable the chassis is and what aftermarket parts are available for it as a good handling car is a must! :D

I have to say though the next car I get will depend on how adjustable the chassis is and what aftermarket parts are available for it as a good handling car is a must! :D

Tiss a 5 then :D

Tiss a 5 then :D

Like to see you fit the missus, a kid, 2 dogs and all the luggage in it when we go away!! :D