Coilover V Shock/Springs

S2IM

So what you getting Iain, the coilovers? :D

Hopefully the tein coilovers mate. Similar comfort/damping to standard which suits me!

Car feels awful at the moment, haven't used it for a few days and you can tell the front is all off.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So what you getting Iain, the coilovers? :D

Hopefully the tein coilovers mate. Similar comfort/damping to standard which suits me!

Car feels awful at the moment, haven't used it for a few days and you can tell the front is all off.

Sounds good mate, when you getting them fitted then? Is WIM supplying them as well?

Hopefully asap and hopefully yes to supplying them :D

Even though you're going for similar comfort to what you have now, do you know how this will reflect on the handling, will there be much difference? What are other scooby owners opinions?

I checked the owners club for reviews and they seem rated. My current suspension was harshest out of all newages so in theory it should be more comfortable to drive :)

Booked in for Tuesday :D

Nice one :) You waiting around with the car then or going home?

Hi Tony,

Handles like its on rails now. Really struggles to lose grip which is brilliant compared to before when i could kick the rear out on a AWD drive car upon request :whistle:

They are definately bumpier than the standard, and probably compares now to the cooper S with runflats we have as well. Not crashy but you can feel pretty much everything. Ill check tyre pressures tomorrow as I had them pumped up due to extra load 2 weeks ago.

Saying that though, the car feels tight, its planted of the lights (no nose in the air now) and the general drive is a lot more compliant B)

No knocking which is great!! The many months i put up with the old shocks!!

Thanks for your help today, and thank the other guy who done the work... seems like a very knowledgable chap. Dont think I will take the car any lower than it is at current :whistle:

No pics for a blog as it looked busy there the day I was in.

Ill make sure I get a Pic up anyway of the aftershot once washed :D

BTW Tony...

Need to pop back up. The front is vibrating at "motorway" speeds... might be the issue I had last time if the wheels have been swapped back to front again... (One of the wheels had a slight bump/buckle - manufacture defect...and the chap moved that wheel to the back to elimate the vibration through the front and that cured it as well as the balancing)

or its the balancing - again :D

OR

its the spigots! :D

Fun eh!

More my fault for buying cheap replica PFF7 wheels! And the council's cacky roads dont help round me :D

Will try and get over before the weekend mate

I hit a nasty pot hole coming back from yours, don't think it damaged the wheel though. They've actually been filling them in round here!! :D

Don't forget we're going away on Friday.

No pics for a blog as it looked busy there the day I was in.

Ill make sure I get a Pic up anyway of the aftershot once washed :D

BTW Tony...

Need to pop back up. The front is vibrating at "motorway" speeds... might be the issue I had last time if the wheels have been swapped back to front again... (One of the wheels had a slight bump/buckle - manufacture defect...and the chap moved that wheel to the back to elimate the vibration through the front and that cured it as well as the balancing)

or its the balancing - again :D

OR

its the spigots! :D

Fun eh!

Not sure to tell the truth.... i hate those poxy spigot rings as you know... Pop her back anyway let's have a look.