Full Geometry

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony that's not what you told me when I asked about going from 15's to 16's :o although at the time my car wasn't lowered. Does wheel size only matter when the cars been lowered then?

Lowering amplifies the problem, less so if the camber is adjustable :)

Tony that's not what you told me when I asked about going from 15's to 16's :P although at the time my car wasn't lowered. Does wheel size only matter when the cars been lowered then?

Ah right I shall remember that then :)

So if someone goes from 15's to 18's but the car is not lowered the geo will not need checking but if it is lowered it will?

Tony that's not what you told me when I asked about going from 15's to 16's :P although at the time my car wasn't lowered. Does wheel size only matter when the cars been lowered then?

So if someone goes from 15's to 18's but the car is not lowered the geo will not need checking but if it is lowered it will?

Yes unless the off-sets dramatically different.

Tony that's not what you told me when I asked about going from 15's to 16's :) although at the time my car wasn't lowered. Does wheel size only matter when the cars been lowered then?

Yes unless the off-sets dramatically different.

What like fitting pug alloys to a ford! :P

:P i got something right :)

lol yeah its going to be a month or so but its gotta be done, so best get it done once instead of messing about, thanks for all yalls help its been very helpful :)

tbh fred im in the same boat lol

slammed and runnin 18s eith a offset sifference of

13 or 18 lol so need a camber kit and so need a trip to wim lol....although i shall be gettin cavvie top mounts so the serch for a camber kit shall hopfully be over soon :)

:) i got something right :)

lol yeah its going to be a month or so but its gotta be done, so best get it done once instead of messing about, thanks for all yalls help its been very helpful :)

13 or 18 lol so need a camber kit and so need a trip to wim lol....although i shall be gettin cavvie top mounts so the serch for a camber kit shall hopfully be over soon :)

well like i said im either going to get it from bats in america or from here in england, if i get it here, i know i will pay more but at least i will have them, ive looked at my account and touch wood im still alright but its only the first 8 days of the month so another 23 days to last till payday so still gotta save enough to last 3 wks but oh well i might just treat myself, but then it will be fitting them and straight down to see tony :)

:) i got something right :)

well like i said im either going to get it from bats in america or from here in england, if i get it here, i know i will pay more but at least i will have them, ive looked at my account and touch wood im still alright but its only the first 8 days of the month so another 23 days to last till payday so still gotta save enough to last 3 wks but oh well i might just treat myself, but then it will be fitting them and straight down to see tony :)

oh and nearly forgot to ask tony but do i have to arrange or book an appointment to come down and see you and when i come down, how long will it take to set the car up? Any info appreciated thanks :)

thanks guys, tony, that sounds good then, ill look forward to meeting you and getting the info off you, man i wish i can just take u out on my car and kick it into second gear and the car pulls left to right a bit like what i would say torque steer sounds like so it deff needs adjusting, do u think i should do the track rod ends myself or bring them down to you and let u do them and set them up? When i bring the car down, it wont probably have the turbo kit on, this shoudnt affect me gettin the set up done as id like to get that done as well, if yall show up, which ill post up when i do go down, that would be great to meet yall, it is good knowing the car is going to get sorted out in that sense ;)

Fred you can fit the track rod ends yourself. Just count the number of turns when you remove the old ones and put the new ones on whatever that number is ;)

thanks buddy, i did read that, and also to mark the area on the t.r.e. threaded bit so that when it goes on, count the turns as well as make sure it reaches the mark u did earlier, i might fit them myself as well as when i do the camber adjuster kit kill 2 birds with 1 stone :)

Fred you can fit the track rod ends yourself. Just count the number of turns when you remove the old ones and put the new ones on whatever that number is ;)

thanks buddy, i did read that, and also to mark the area on the t.r.e. threaded bit so that when it goes on, count the turns as well as make sure it reaches the mark u did earlier, i might fit them myself as well as when i do the camber adjuster kit kill 2 birds with 1 stone :)

Yeah mark it with some chalk, can't go wrong :)

thanks guys, tony, that sounds good then, ill look forward to meeting you and getting the info off you, man i wish i can just take u out on my car and kick it into second gear and the car pulls left to right a bit like what i would say torque steer sounds like so it deff needs adjusting, do u think i should do the track rod ends myself or bring them down to you and let u do them and set them up? When i bring the car down, it wont probably have the turbo kit on, this shoudnt affect me gettin the set up done as id like to get that done as well, if yall show up, which ill post up when i do go down, that would be great to meet yall, it is good knowing the car is going to get sorted out in that sense :)

It's probably best we fit the ends just to be safe... Methinks this is going to be a mini-meet :)

Yep ih and tony she is up forsale as need somthing bigger in the boot department.

cih yeah its a 2,0 ecotec :) 94.000 miles runs pretty well.usual top end vauxhall noise on start up on a real cold day.but pulls like a train in every gear :)

ive got a week till mot is up and still few bits to sort lol...to damn cold for that malarky :)

thanks guys, tony, that sounds good then, ill look forward to meeting you and getting the info off you, man i wish i can just take u out on my car and kick it into second gear and the car pulls left to right a bit like what i would say torque steer sounds like so it deff needs adjusting, do u think i should do the track rod ends myself or bring them down to you and let u do them and set them up? When i bring the car down, it wont probably have the turbo kit on, this shoudnt affect me gettin the set up done as id like to get that done as well, if yall show up, which ill post up when i do go down, that would be great to meet yall, it is good knowing the car is going to get sorted out in that sense :)

It's probably best we fit the ends just to be safe... Methinks this is going to be a mini-meet :)

Probably the best way to go considering the mileage Fred will be doing to get to WIM.

Mini meet sounds good...if you go during the week I don't work Thursdays! :)

It's probably best we fit the ends just to be safe... Methinks this is going to be a mini-meet <_<

Probably the best way to go considering the mileage Fred will be doing to get to WIM.

Mini meet sounds good...if you go during the week I don't work Thursdays! ^_^

ok cool i know my friend said that its best to get them fitted at the place and then at least its not being driven 100+ miles anywhere until it gets resorted if that makes sense, ive gotta buy this camber adjuster kit but i think i will get it sometime this week now as ive sold an engine and got paid for it today so its looking good on getting that kit with some of this money :)

mini meet sounds good as would like to meet yall :D