Full Geometry

Hi tony, im new to this site as my two friends off the mondeo site recomended me to join on this site and ask my question so here goes,

ive txt u about an hr ago, so u might get my txt as well, but anyways last summer i called u and talked to u as i was in the process of fitting my turbo kit and the plan was to come down to u after it was set up and get the job done, but i went to america and the kit is still waiting to go on when the weather permits as im not freezin my azz off out in this british weather,

well ive fitted st200 spax lower suspension kit on my car, and it has dropped my car loads as i think the st200 is lower than my car to start off with, and adding the suspension kit was meant to lower it by 30-40mm but some people say my car has a 60mm drop which i didnt beleive them at first but now thinking about it, it kinda makes sense, well the car spun out two times on me last year, both back to back days it did it and i wasnt going fast, it was raining the first night, and the second night the road was still wet but both times it was around a right hand bend, which is a scary thing so i had the rear tyres changed for new ones and though it hasnt done it since, im still not happy with the car, as when on my private track of course when its up to some good speeds :angry2: the car feels shaky up front and a bit light and like its going to spin out so im not driving it like that again until it gets sorted,

so i wanted to know if it would help if i travel down to visit u so that u can sort me out with a geometry set up on my car, but i also want to know what you are doing as well as see u if thats cool with you, im quite a hands on person, so am always eager to learn, also i asked if i can take down the track ends to you and have them fitted, i told my friend that i will fit them and then take them down but he said that not to do it incase it upsets the car and i end up in a ditch which is something i dont want to happen hence why i wanna come down and book with u to get the job done, but only u think its needed?

any info appreciated thanks. :D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what about wheel wise tony? Fred was on about leaving his 16s on for the geo then puttin the 18" focus rs alloys on after its set up...would the greatness of the wheel size and offset then upset the geom again?

Hello Fred..

We have issues.... First up is a -60mm aggravates the cars roll centres meaning the front centre is below ground and the rear above, we will need front camber adjusters to tune this problem.

hi tony, thanks for the reply, i dont get what u mean, does this mean i need to buy some kind of camber kit and if so where do i get this from and how much do they cost? im glad im asking u before i go down there as it would have been a wasted journey, ive been to hemel hemstead and its quite far from but it shouldnt be too bad, though it says your in buckinghamshire and about 106 miles away from me so shouldnt be too bad for me,

im not too sure if its a 60mm drop, people just say its pretty low and i know its pretty low as well, as before i had my stock st24 suspension kit on there, but i like this spax suspension kit on there as the look of the car looks pretty good, but the way u say it it might explain why i spun out and why i feel like the car has bad handling,

also as jammy said, if i come down in my st24 turbines 16 in alloys and get the geometry done and then switch to some focus rs alloys 18 in 8j will i need to get another set up? Any info appreciated thanks :angry2:

Welcome to WIM Fred :angry2:

I know on MEG some people have bought 40mm springs but once they've settled they seem to go even lower. Do you have a photo of how low the car is?

As for the camber kit have a look at my thread here and yes DC (zetec dan) has the same kit fitted. If you're going to America soon buy it over there, it's alot cheaper! :D

I know on MEG some people have bought 40mm springs but once they've settled they seem to go even lower. Do you have a photo of how low the car is?

As for the camber kit have a look at my thread here and yes DC (zetec dan) has the same kit fitted. If you're going to America soon buy it over there, it's alot cheaper! :D

hi guys thanks for the reply and for the welcome,

im not going to america till about 2010 i think so i think ill have to order them and get them sent over here if thats the case, ill have a look on your thread, does it say where u got them from and how much they cost? Was it easy to fit yourself or is this something tony does at his place? I changed the full suspension over so i know what to do, but any info appreciated thanks. :)

im not going to america till about 2010 i think so i think ill have to order them and get them sent over here if thats the case, ill have a look on your thread, does it say where u got them from and how much they cost? Was it easy to fit yourself or is this something tony does at his place? I changed the full suspension over so i know what to do, but any info appreciated thanks. :)

I got mine from POTN but they had messed up the price on the website and I got them cheaper than what they should be...they're now back to the rrp!

Tony should be able to get them in for you though if you get them fitted there but it's just a straight swap for the standard top mounts so you'd be able to do the job yourself :)

Hi ER, ive read that thread, pretty cool, shame about the plate, but at least now if i order one it should come with the uprated plates so that i wont have the same problems but i hope u get yours pretty soon, u said it works out to about 80 pounds, to be honest that doesnt sound too bad of a price, how was it shipped? In other words what company delivered it to your house, as well as what site do u go on to buy this kit? As its america, i can call them tommorow or look online tommorow to see if i can buy them after i come outta work. Again any info appreciated thanks :)

I got mine from POTN but they had messed up the price on the website and I got them cheaper than what they should be...they're now back to the rrp!

Tony should be able to get them in for you though if you get them fitted there but it's just a straight swap for the standard top mounts so you'd be able to do the job yourself :)

thanks for this info, isnt potn from here in england? as ive got email news letters from them from time to time, if they are from england then i can call them and order them, im guessin i will be paying a bit more on the price, ill google it right now to see if they sell it, im guessin i will have to search for a camber adjustment kit or something like that, will they know its for a mondeo ?

thanks for this info, isnt potn from here in england? as ive got email news letters from them from time to time, if they are from england then i can call them and order them, im guessin i will be paying a bit more on the price, ill google it right now to see if they sell it, im guessin i will have to search for a camber adjustment kit or something like that, will they know its for a mondeo ?

guys look at this link, im sure this is the right one?

if so then again its a bit pricey but if i need it ill have it, will it be cheaper in the states and if so whats the website u got it from the states? might be worth buying it from over there, but anyways here the link, hope its the right one....

http://www.potn.co.uk/p1350690.htm

Yes you can buy them over here but like I said it's double the price of what they cost overseas. They're not £80 at POTN now, more like £133! :angry2:

I have had my uprated plates fitted for a while now and it's so much better compared to the thin ones. I have needed the geometry fine tuning to find a balance between the camber and castor angles though. Here's the POTN link - Clicky

if so then again its a bit pricey but if i need it ill have it, will it be cheaper in the states and if so whats the website u got it from the states? might be worth buying it from over there, but anyways here the link, hope its the right one....

Yep that's the one, I posted the same link.

In Canada they're $82, which I work out to £46 per side, so £92 a pair, then you need to add shipping. I think they've gone up over there as I'm sure they were cheaper than that when I looked. Here's the link though :) Camber kit

again guys ive just found this from bats and ive bought from them already so this shouldnt be too bad to buy from them, its 150 for both bits plus shipping which will cost about 50 so about 200 dollars which works out to 100 pounds already 45 pounds savings from the guys at potn, i might have a word with them to see if they can reduce their cost, but if yall can get me any info on this it would be appreciated thanks. :)

again guys ive just found this from bats and ive bought from them already so this shouldnt be too bad to buy from them, its 150 for both bits plus shipping which will cost about 50 so about 200 dollars which works out to 100 pounds already 45 pounds savings from the guys at potn, i might have a word with them to see if they can reduce their cost, but if yall can get me any info on this it would be appreciated thanks. :)

hey thanks for the info, the bats one are selling them for 74.50 each if i remember correctly, so that might be my best bet, and since ive already dealt with them it might be good to go with them again, how much did shipping come out for you, i wouldnt have thought it would come out to alot, but then again u never know,

also im glad u got sorted out on the plates, i hope the one on that bats link i put up do the right plates, i dont want to be messed about with that ...

See my posts above mate ^^^

If you can get them in USD rather than CAD that's even better.

Did you get my PM as well?

yup thanks buddy and replied to :angry2:

Cool, cheers :D

My kit came from SPC Performance - Link, which is distributed by Eibach over here. I contacted them who got in touch with SPC about the plate and I had a new kit within a week! Shame they only sent the one and I had to wait another week for the other. I was told that all future kits will have the uprated plates so you should be ok :)

My kit came from SPC Performance - Link, which is distributed by Eibach over here. I contacted them who got in touch with SPC about the plate and I had a new kit within a week! Shame they only sent the one and I had to wait another week for the other. I was told that all future kits will have the uprated plates so you should be ok :)

ive just looked at that link and it says there 118 dollars, is that each? or is that for the pair? if thats for the pair that will be a good deal but some how i doubt it...

ive just looked at that link and it says there 118 dollars, is that each? or is that for the pair? if thats for the pair that will be a good deal but some how i doubt it...

I've never looked at the price on their site but they usually sell individually over there. Might as well buy over here for that price unless you find someone cheaper...SPC have an email address if you wanted to ask though.

Hello Fred..

We have issues.... First up is a -60mm aggravates the cars roll centres meaning the front centre is below ground and the rear above, we will need front camber adjusters to tune this problem.

hi tony, thanks for the reply, i dont get what u mean, does this mean i need to buy some kind of camber kit and if so where do i get this from and how much do they cost? im glad im asking u before i go down there as it would have been a wasted journey, ive been to hemel hemstead and its quite far from but it shouldnt be too bad, though it says your in buckinghamshire and about 106 miles away from me so shouldnt be too bad for me,

im not too sure if its a 60mm drop, people just say its pretty low and i know its pretty low as well, as before i had my stock st24 suspension kit on there, but i like this spax suspension kit on there as the look of the car looks pretty good, but the way u say it it might explain why i spun out and why i feel like the car has bad handling,

also as jammy said, if i come down in my st24 turbines 16 in alloys and get the geometry done and then switch to some focus rs alloys 18 in 8j will i need to get another set up? Any info appreciated thanks :angry2:

Yes you would.... Lowering alone means we have some tuning to do, add to this different wheel offsets then we have to have adjustable front camber...

Simple fact is to maintain handling the cars weight (contact patch) needs to be within the wheels steering axis (scrub radius) and this position is generated/ moved by the camber.

A -60mm drop means the SR is incorrectly placed allowing the rear to orbit the front (over-steer) which we measure as "grip limits or saturation limits".

I've never looked at the price on their site but they usually sell individually over there. Might as well buy over here for that price unless you find someone cheaper...SPC have an email address if you wanted to ask though.

ok thanks buddy, i think the bats price is the best right now, might have to get it from there then but it wont be yet, as i have to make sure ive got the funds in my account to fund these, and i will fit them myself before i go to visit tony and then if they need adjusting i think they can be done on the car :)