Full Geometry

Nice one Fred :angry2: Are you getting those tubular rear arms as I'd wait till you have them before seeing Tony?

yeah getting them as well in the group buy, but that will be in about 4 wks now as marney said that it would take that long, ive paid my deposit on them so am ready to receive them, also will more than likely buy my adjustable camber/caster kit this week comming up, but will have to see with my bank, ive got to put some money into my account, and ive got less than 2 wks before payday so all should be good soon :rolleyes:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Fred :) Are you getting those tubular rear arms as I'd wait till you have them before seeing Tony?

yeah getting them as well in the group buy, but that will be in about 4 wks now as marney said that it would take that long, ive paid my deposit on them so am ready to receive them, also will more than likely buy my adjustable camber/caster kit this week comming up, but will have to see with my bank, ive got to put some money into my account, and ive got less than 2 wks before payday so all should be good soon ^_^

Hi tony, i need your help and advice, ive just bought myself some koni lowering springs that lower the car by 40mm, well heres the link :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KONI-SUSPENSION-SPRI...A1%7C240%3A1318

well the man on the phone said that the lowering springs will work fine with my spax suspension struts, which i am happy about, well i then told him if he sold the camber/caster adjustment kit and he said i wont need it as im not lowering the car by 50+mm or else id need it, so i want to know do i still need this kit on my car, it will only lower it by 40 mm and the man said i might not see all that 40 mm meaning it might just lower it by 35mm or something like that,

can u let me know if i will need this or not as then i can fit the springs and then take it down to you to get it sorted out as id like to get this done and out of the way, any help apprecitated thanks :)

please reply as i would like to get this sorted out thanks :)

Fred got your PM mate, you haven't mentioned here you found a broken spring which as you say may be the reason your handling ain't good.

The guy you spoke to can't tell you for sure the camber kit isn't needed as each car responds differently to being lowered. Remember mine is only dropped 30mm and I needed the kit, but Jammy when he had his MK1 was lowered 60mm but got away with it ^_^

IMO I would lower the car, wait for it to settle and then keep an eye on the tyre wear. I can understand you wanting to fit the kit and see Tony at the same time to save you time and money in the future.

Also wait for those rear arms before getting the geo done :)

Fred got your PM mate, you haven't mentioned here you found a broken spring which as you say may be the reason your handling ain't good.

The guy you spoke to can't tell you for sure the camber kit isn't needed as each car responds differently to being lowered. Remember mine is only dropped 30mm and I needed the kit, but Jammy when he had his MK1 was lowered 60mm but got away with it ^_^

IMO I would lower the car, wait for it to settle and then keep an eye on the tyre wear. I can understand you wanting to fit the kit and see Tony at the same time to save you time and money in the future.

Also wait for those rear arms before getting the geo done :)

hi buddy thanks for the reply, the reason i didnt know is because the first time my car spun in back to back days, i took it to fords and told them to check the rear and they did and said they didnt see nothing wrong with it, i thought it would be the shocks/springs but nothing, only that the rear tyres looked old and i got new ones on, car still feels shaky sometimes so i dont floor it here and there, i take it easy in it,

but yesterday they found out my spring was snapped so i bought the springs today, i think tony said that if i lowered my car by 50mm or 60mm i would need the adjustment kit so if he could say if i would need it or not then i will know where i stand, as if i dont need to buy the kit to get the geometry done then i can save myself some hard earned £££, but if i NEED to buy it ill have to budget it in, also like u said waiting for those arms to come in but weeks have passed so im assuming we wont have that long before they are done :)

any help and info from tony on the adjustment kit would be appreciated thanks :)

also the guy from fords said that the tyres all all fine, so i want to get the spring done and get over to see tony but dont want to waste my time and journey over to see him if im going to still need this other bit, but if i dont need it with the 40mm drop then i can pop over to see him and get it sorted, thanks ^_^

I would say you will need the kit..... if by the remotest chance the cambers are ok then we will use the castor adjuster to add steering feel and security.

ok no problems then ill buy this kit im hoping by the end of next week as i would have been paid by then, ill kill 2 birds with 1 stone and fit that when i fit my new springs thanks for the help guys its appreciated ^_^

I would say you will need the kit..... if by the remotest chance the cambers are ok then we will use the castor adjuster to add steering feel and security.

ok no problems then ill buy this kit im hoping by the end of next week as i would have been paid by then, ill kill 2 birds with 1 stone and fit that when i fit my new springs thanks for the help guys its appreciated ^_^

Your welcome :)

ok just to let yall know ive bought my camber caster adjustment kit, and as i said ive bought my springs as well, so i will pick up the camber caster kit this thursday on my day off, and then as ive got my springs with me ill wait till my rear tubular arms come in so that i can fit them all together, might as well and kill 2 birds with one stone, so will keep yall updated on how i go and when ill get my azz down to see u tony :thumbsup_anim:

yeah no probs, thanks for the comments guys, ill post pics up of the springs and camber kit when i get it, and might put some pics up of when i fit them onto the car :D

its comming along nicely now its just this damb british weather and its set to get even worse :thumbsup_anim:

hi essex, i think percy said that he bought those front sway bar links from a guy named stricker2, might be worth an idea if u wanted some to email him and arrange a small group buy? I might be interested in them, its not something i need but would look nice :)

hi essex, i think percy said that he bought those front sway bar links from a guy named stricker2, might be worth an idea if u wanted some to email him and arrange a small group buy? I might be interested in them, its not something i need but would look nice :)

Yes I found that guy on CEG last night Fred and sent him a PM asking about them :) I've been talking to Tony about these as well and they could prove very useful depending on what the adjustment range is and be used to create more oversteer. I'm going to start a new thread about that though as I'm still confused abit about them!

Yes I found that guy on CEG last night Fred and sent him a PM asking about them :) I've been talking to Tony about these as well and they could prove very useful depending on what the adjustment range is and be used to create more oversteer. I'm going to start a new thread about that though as I'm still confused abit about them!

hi buddy thanks for the reply, will u let me know what goes on about this as i think im interested in them if they help out, they deff look good on the pics, but if they look good and are at a good price, ill be up for some as well, can u post me the link u have started please and if u can let me know what the guy says about them, im sure he will only be too happy to make more for sale thanks :)

well guys today i got my camber caster adjustment kit, i will fit these soon when i get my other bits delivered for my car to kill 2 birds with one stone, as ive gotta fit my new koni springs as well, heres the pics of them, the koni's are 40mm drop, and the adjustment kit is what u wanted me to have to allow adjustment whilst on the car :D

just realised i dont know how to add pics on here :(

Odd...... their in the quote but not the post?

Eh, what you on about...I linked the images as Fred isn't gold :D

i cant see the pics but i know what they look like, i just hope everyone else knows what im talking about lol,

cant wait to fit these on the car looking forward to that :)

Odd...... their in the quote but not the post?

Eh, what you on about...I linked the images as Fred isn't gold :D

i cant see the pics but i know what they look like, i just hope everyone else knows what im talking about lol,

oh and i never get tired of opening parcels, just looking at the bill i do get a bit scared lol, and ive still got more to come but nearly done now, the turboed st24 is nearly here :)

You sure as I can, even as a guest? :)

oh and i never get tired of opening parcels, just looking at the bill i do get a bit scared lol, and ive still got more to come but nearly done now, the turboed st24 is nearly here :)

Everyone loves that bit...not! :D Still it will be better than the average mondy when you've finished :)

You sure as I can, even as a guest? :)

Everyone loves that bit...not! :D Still it will be better than the average mondy when you've finished :)

thanks buddy, on the first question, im only seein a blank box with a small red x in it, no pics

and yeah its going to be a crazy car, but all the mods are being thought of and are still being thought off as time goes along, i do like my car to bits, and at least i know the bits that get uprated will last me a bit longer as well :)

• 1 month later...

ok guys, ive done my camber caster kit whilst fitting my new koni 30mm springs, as well as fitted my new front links as well as fitting my strut brace onto my car, ive got some rear poly bushes that i want to fit to my rear arb so that will go on this weekend if weather permits, as well as if i can get them in this week i will do the front arb poly bushes as well, then ive gotta take the car down to see you tony sometime in april, as ive got my rear tubular arms and rear links to come in from the states so will fit these and then pop down to see you,

so i need a question ansewering please, if i come in my 16 inch turbines which ive got on at the moment will it matter if i change to my focus rs alloys 18inch ones after i get the geometry done at your place? Or should i come down in my focus rs ones? any info appreciated thanks :sad01_anim: