Can anyone ID this Bentley?

eddie

Makes you proud to be British...... no idea what version it is though, does it really matter.

I think the S1 is quite popular as a "vintage" wedding car.

Old Bentleys were relatively cheap to buy the last time I looked, but they are heavy drinkers and the maintenance costs would cause a sharp intake of breath.

Not sure of vlaue but looking at the state of the tyres and some of the chrome the owner isn't going to retire early.

My secong car was a 1959 Jaguar Mk1 3.4 auto, and it had some very similar looks to it obviously not the size and side windows. But lights, chromework and general frontal shape. Mine was first owner a very well known newspaper owner of the time. It had a radio, record player ( 45 rpm juke box centres ), red leather / bench seat. Auto box, vacuum windscreen washers, spats over the rear wheels. And gleaming black coachwork.

Oh, if I could own it today :)

Not sure of vlaue but looking at the state of the tyres and some of the chrome the owner isn't going to retire early.

My secong car was a 1959 Jaguar Mk1 3.4 auto, and it had some very similar looks to it obviously not the size and side windows. But lights, chromework and general frontal shape. Mine was first owner a very well known newspaper owner of the time. It had a radio, record player ( 45 rpm juke box centres ), red leather / bench seat. Auto box, vacuum windscreen washers, spats over the rear wheels. And gleaming black coachwork.

Oh, if I could own it today :lol:

funnily enough the owner has retired, from being the attorney general in Blair's Government, its Peter Goldsmiths car

http://www.bushywood.com/lord_goldsmith_attorney_general.htm

i didnt recognise him but someone told me who it was

Ive always fancied an old motor like a Jag but a 1970s XJ6 Coupe in racing green they look the business and I always rememer admiring them as a kid