Low profile tyres

Tony

Would you think this 285-25/20 tyre would cause any problems?

post-2-1227558419.jpg

post-2-1227558441.jpg

What owners fail to recognize is the ultra low aspect ratio has next to no lateral compliance so any deviations in the road surface will steer the tyre.

The same can be said for any small imperfections in the toe angle..... as small as .5mm can cause vicious tramlining, this car was the second one i've had in a week with the same problem....

It's all about looks..... an aspect of 35/ 45 will alleviate most of the complaint but it's a bit late after you just spent £800 on tyres.

Would you get a 35 on there? TBH I think it looks silly with that size on there, look wise it doesn't do it for me!

It's all about looks..... an aspect of 35/ 45 will alleviate most of the complaint but it's a bit late after you just spent £800 on tyres.

Would you get a 35 on there? TBH I think it looks silly with that size on there, look wise it doesn't do it for me!

Yeah, currently it's a 25 aspect so a 35 wouldn't be a problem.... Scary thing is i see more and more cars running ultra low aspects in for Geo and the calibration positions to alleviate the complaint is minute and to some extent short term.

So when you tell the customer it's the profile size that's the problem what is their reaction and how many actually believe you?

Tell you what though, those brakes look very small now! :crying_anim:

All of them..... Once i explain the chassis condition and then the tyre situation the owners tend to understand the problem.... Via the chassis i can reduce the effect but not totally remove it.

Ultra small sidewall and polished rim bet that's fun to fit.

Not for 'The Boss' :crying_anim:

The 275/30/19" and 225/35/19" on my Lex need to be well nursed to keep them away from large rocks and potholes, so 285/25/20's would be a nightmare.

I would assume aswell Tony that any sort of impact could have serious consiquence not only to the tyre but to the alloy as the profile is so small that it would not absorb any type of impact so this would vibrate through to the wheel.....

IMHO it looks stupid....i could paint thicker rubber on them alloys with some black resin paint... :crying_anim: :lol:

I would assume aswell Tony that any sort of impact could have serious consiquence not only to the tyre but to the alloy as the profile is so small that it would not absorb any type of impact so this would vibrate through to the wheel.....

IMHO it looks stupid....i could paint thicker rubber on them alloys with some black resin paint... :lol: :)

Oddly enough the bigger wheel reduces the influence of the road condition (within reason) Nevertheless it does look pants as a wheel/ tyre/ disc package :crying_anim: