Ford Mondeo 1.8 TD

Rich

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They get 15% commission from the insurer so pass what they would've made onto me, plus a £12.50 admin fee. I had 5 months remaining on the policy so worked that out to £166...I got refunded £112. I don't know when I'm getting another car, it will be at least 2 or 3 months so rather than lose the lot I've got back what I could.

I removed all of the ARB poly bushes today as someone wants those, along with the boot struts and high level brake light. Also got someone who wants both bumpers. The tubular arms are being sent on Monday, I might have someone buying the alloys (fingers crossed) I just need to sell this damn exhaust now. Once that has gone I can strip the rest of the bits and get the car collected.

ATM I'm doing all the suspension, driveshafts, brakes, exhaust, wheels, lights and glass. Then I'll strip some of the interior going by what sells on ebay. I CBA with taking the dash out but I'll take the clocks, leather steering wheel and whatever else is of value. The seats don't match the door cards, carpet or interior colour as I replaced it but it was a shade darker. I might get £30 for the seats will have to see but if they don't sell I'll remove the electric height motor as I'll get at least £20 for that, sold one last week for that price. Engine I've left ATM but I might remove a few things, it depends on what sells and how soon as I'm limited on space.

I'm hoping to offer courier service for all the parts although it's gonna cost abit. I've just been on parcel2go to get these rear arms collected on Monday and that's cost me £13 and nearly £5 of that was extra compensation as they only cover up to £20!

Looking at the car today I think scrapping it is the right decision though. Even if I left all of the mods on, it would need new brakes all round, new wishbones as the bushes have separated (see photo), new drop links, new alternator. Plus I still have that leak, which will make the car a nightmare in winter with the screen freezing up. Plus after the alternator nearly caught fire I couldn't trust it anymore.

wishbone_bush.jpg

Wheels have finally been sold to a TF member, pending collection at the end of the week. So I should have the space back in the cupboard then to put the struts and other bits in. Just need to sell the steelies and exhaust before the car can go.

I'm wondering if I should take off all of the suspension arms though. They're pretty rusty but I can sort that out and even if I sell them for £10 each it all goes towards the new car fund. I just don't wanna waste my time cleaning them if they won't sell.

You get some people taking the :P with their offers don't you. I want £150 for the exhaust and someone keeps offering me £100. They obviously want it as keep messaging me! Trouble is I have no where to store it and really don't wanna let it go for that :D

Going to do a list to keep tabs on how much I make from breaking the car:

Genuine Parts Sold

Boot Struts - £20

Weather Strips - £20

Gear Knob - £7.50

Seat Motor - £20

Grille - £10

Grille Mesh - £5

Bumpers - £40

Spare Wheel - £25

Parcel Shelf - £5

Interior - £30

Steel Wheels - £60

Filters - £5

Door Seals - £3.50

Rear Lights - £25

Fuel Flap - £9

Steering Wheel - £31

Wing Mirrors - £15

ABS Sensors - £15

Expansion Tank - £10

Headlights - £5

Boot Carpet - £8

Washer Jets - £3.50

Rear Calipers - £31

Alternator Belt - £4

Boot Trim - £10

Grille - £5

Tinted Windows - £12

CAT - £40

Handbrake Lever - £10

Handbrake Cables - £12

OSF Door - £15

Scuttle Panel - £10

Front Calipers - £30

Shell - £40

2 x Door Motors - £11

Wing - £15

Light Cover Screws - £5

Front Hubs - £2

Door Sills - £5

Coolant Pipe - £20

Mods Sold

Tubular Arms - £120

Alloys - £180

ARB Poly Bushes - £20

Blackeye Headlights - £30

Exhaust - £120

Springs - £100

TOTAL - £1,219.50

Can you believe some scrote has swapped my retro fit wiper blades for some standard ones!! The missus old man said he noticed on Monday but thought I had taken them. WTF, why would you nick wiper blades and then spend time fitting standard ones back. If someone wanted them they only had to ask. I've taken the steel wheels off now, I still had them on but not taking any chances!

The wheels went today and so did the bumpers. I actually made an extra tenner on those and kept the spot lights. Someone else who wanted them for £30 never got back to me so I sold them for £40. The other person then emailed me yesterday to say they wanted to collect them...their lost.

I've had the steel wheels on ebay for £70 but reduced them to £60 the other day. Someone offered me £30 yesterday!! Why do these people even waste time making ridiculous offers they know will get rejected! :unsure:

Had it again with the exhaust, it was a buy it now for £150 and I dropped it to £140 last week. Someone offered £60, which I declined so they then offered £80, which again I declined. A nearest offer I may consider, not less than half the bloody price!!

I also have to remember that 10% of the price goes to ebay so if it sells for £140 I only get £126. I might drop the price on TF to around £130 and see if I get any takers, other than the guy who offered £100. I need it gone though as I'm using the car to store it and can't get rid of that until it's sold.

Someone bought the wheels yesterday for asking price (although I only get 54 quid) and they're collecting tuesday. Interior may be sold next weekend and still got the same person after the exhaust. Offered 125 quid now if I meet on the M4. It is tempting as I need it gone.

So once I've got those sold it's just removing the rest of the suspension and maybe parts from the engine. No one has been interested in any of the panels so that might help with what I get for weighing it in.

Also anyone know how to release the driveshaft housing that goes into the gearbox end? It's got a circlip but I don't know how to release it.

Well the interior has gone now so that's made some space inside the car so I can start taking some of the dash apart. Still trying to sell the damn exhaust though, got loads of watchers on ebay but no one has bought it! I might have to drop the price some more, not many people modding TD's now :D

Took advantage of the free listing weekend though and got loads of parts on there.

Also emptied the fuel tank, in the end I got a length of tubing and put it on the filter in the engine bay then used the primer pump to get it out. Didn't take too long, about 10 minutes to do 15 litres. Gave that to the missus old man, he can have it for letting me keep the car on the drive while I do this. Been about 6 weeks now! :lol:

I'm not selling the dash just taking it apart, i.e surrounds, switches, clocks etc. I can't be arsed with unbolting the whole thing! :lol:

Thursday if the weather is dry I'll be removing the brakes, hubs and struts, then try and cut those rear bolts. Once the car has gone I'll bring the knuckles over to see how these bolts can be removed. If I drill them myself I will bugger the thread like I did on the fronts. They're not that big so I can store them at home for now.

Did you manage to save me any boxes to put the struts in?