Ford Mondeo 1.8 TD

Rich

Exhaust was collected today, the guy wants to fit it to a petrol so he might be in for a shock if it don't fit or is too loud with no backboxes!! :( Glad I asked for cash now. He let me keep the filter as well so I can sell that. He also bought the rear lights so they're gone and I tried to tempt him with the tinted windows for £10 but he left them. He was eyeing up my smoked side repeaters as well so let him have those. He must've been in his mid 40's but was driving a Mondeo with a street fighter kit fitted...google it! :lol:

Also got the rear brakes off and suspension, handbrake lever & cables plus the filler flap as someone wants to buy it. Amazing what people want off a car you're breaking, I would never of thought of removing that.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I've been paid for some parts that sold over the weekend I've hit the £800 mark and my target was £1000 before I scrapped the car. Although eBay/Paypal have had £60 off me so far and I had to spend £200 as well! ;)

I'm wondering if I should remove any engine parts though, things like the manifold/turbo, fuel pump etc. They don't sell that often on ebay but when they have they make around £80-£100 each. I suppose it depends on how far I want to take it. I still haven't sold any panels so I'm hoping that means the scrap man will offer me more for the car.

The guy who won the tinted windows said he'd arrange a courier (before he bought them) but I've not had any payment or contact since! The same for someone who won the boot carpet...I better not be getting messed about :whistle:

• 4 weeks later...

Sold some more parts tonight, nearly hit the £1k mark now although £100 went on fees :lol:

The CAT sold for £40 and it looks like someone in the motor trade who buys alot of them so obviously wants to weigh it in. I admit I didn't get any prices for it from scrap metal merchants but it saves me the hassle of taking it somewhere.

Also sold the handbrake lever and cables, plus 1 of the doors.

Driveshafts were removed yesterday along with other little bits from inside the car. I just have the manifold/turbo and fuel pump to remove and that's it. I've enjoyed doing this but I think I'm gonna be abit sad when she does go, I loved that car.

Everything dies in the end mate, at least she lives on as a donor.....

True, lots of parts being put to good use :)

Hopefully next Saturday I will have it finished and can phone one of the scrap metal guys to come and get it. If I get at least £50 I can treat the missus parents to a takeaway for having to put up with it! :lol:

Also need to clean the driveway. After removing the driveshafts I stuff old rags in there but it must've seeped out overnight cos there are a couple of oily patches...oops! :lol:

Yeah! :(

The guy who bought the CAT just turned up. Rings me up and says I'm outside a block of flats, I said yeah it's this number, he said ok I'm outside in the Porsche! Want kind of person turns up in one of them to buy a dirty car part!

I gave him the pipe and he goes it's off a Fiesta yeah, I said no a Mondeo! Then he asked is there another pipe with it, I said no that's it. He then says to me how much was it, I said £40 and he said you sure it's not £30...err think I'd remember how much it sold for! So he gets out his fancy iPad and looks it up and realises he's wrong. Gives me my 40 notes and off he goes :o

He must buy so many of them he can't keep count!

Also sold the scuttle panel today for a tenner so that's another £50 for the new car fund :o

• 3 weeks later...

The car has now gone, had it for 6 years and it served me well. The guy who collected it didn't put the truck up the drive, I don't know why but grabbed it from where he stopped on the pavement. Pulled it off the axle stands, flattening one of them and scratching the surface of the drive (tarmac). The missus old man gave him the permission to do it though! But I need to find some replacement axle stands now, his ones were at least 20 years old :lol:

mondeo_lastphoto.jpg

mondeo_lastphoto_03.jpg

mondeo_lastphoto_04.jpg

mondeo_gone.jpg

• 1 month later...

Finally sold the springs, had to drop the price in the end but they got collected by the courier today, got £100 in the end :lol: Overall I have made £1,220 from breaking the car and I still have around £100 worth of bits to sell but the bulk of it has gone at last :)

• 1 month later...

Sold a few more bits recently and just put the last of the parts on ebay, some with a big price drop as I need to get rid of them now. I've noticed I'm getting less watchers every time I list them so I don't think many people are looking for MK2 Mondeo parts anymore. I broke the car at the right time and got rid of the mods before I lost money on them :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

My old wheels are on ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BSA-328-alloy-wh...=item3a717d48e7

The guy has kerbed them and damaged a centre cap! In the 4 years I had them I put 2 tiny little chips on the edges but they were mint. How is it some people manage to kerb wheels so badly.

At least he gave me credit for keeping them clean although I didn't wax them every week, every 6 months is more like it! :)

Also the rear Toyos were almost slicks when he bought them and he's still been driving on them! :)