My drifting progress so far....

Suprash

This is for Tony more so, dont think anyone else here knows me, but since the beggining of the year I have been attending various drift days. I originally bought a matt black S13 to start drifting in, but that engine went chocolate on me before I even got out due to a dodgy MAF sensor sending fudged signals and the poor weak CA18 bore washed itself causing loss of compression.

DSC00655.jpg

So after buying another chocolate CA18 engine, I started to loose patience with these weaker engines and decided to get hold of an SR20 engine and go for the conversion, so after sourcing an engine there was the problem of how to get the engine from Liverpool to Basingstoke, but me and the seller came to an agreement that if I bunged him an extra £300 I could have the whole car. So off I went to collect my low end S14 to bring her back to Basingstoke and pull out the SR20, but after getting her home I debated why I was causing extra expense and hassle by going down this route so I decided to just start drifting in her as she was.

Drift2.jpg

027.jpg

Drift.jpg

After several drift days I was improving, and to my surprise on one day I won most improved driver.

Drift3.jpg

After this I probably got a little frustrated one day with one lap circuits, felt like there wasnt enough time to settle with only go round the circuit once, so I was trying to manji down the straight and this was the consequence of trying to force something.

n581845933_1033786_7967.jpg

LyddJune02.jpg

Thankfully no damage and I was back out 10mins later, so after a little word with myself we continued to get as much seat time as possible, and after a few more days I was now starting to get the hang of it a lot more.

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

And managing to do this to several sets of tyres.

DSC00180.jpg

So after starting to feel like I have mastered the basics and am a lot better at general car control, I started to feel like the standard S14 was starting to hold me back. So I went on the hunt for something more spec'd and came across this little gem. She has quite a big parts list, and even though I havent had chance to get her on a drift day yet, from the little fixes I have been getting round some private roundabouts I know Im drifting far better in a properly built car, there is so much more control, no body roll or weight transfer to deal with like in my standard S14.

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00228.jpg

DSC00230.jpg

DSC00231.jpg

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00250.jpg

DSC00252.jpg

DSC00248.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

But the best thing I like about this car is the House of Kolor glow in the dark paint.

5aa4_1.jpg

Anyway Tony, as I said before I need to get both cars along to you soon mate, especially the S13 before I get out drifting......

Looks nice that S13.

A worthy investment is a hydro handbrake, but if you want it to pass mot you'll need a handbrake that stays on.

I was looking at getting those GTR's there bloomin lovely.

Random question what happened to the original s13 shell ?

Looks nice that S13.

A worthy investment is a hydro handbrake, but if you want it to pass mot you'll need a handbrake that stays on.

Still have it, the engine is chocolate but there is a newly built engine in there with Wiseco pistons and a brand new turbo, except something is a miss with it, the engine wont fire up and I couldnt afford any more labour time for the garage to keep working on it to find what the issue was so I pulled the car out and its been sat at home since.......you interested then :D

Nice post Ash :D

It looks like the S13 was built by GarageD, Julian who owns that knows what he's doing for sure.

It would be great to see you again and the new car, do you drive it or trailer it to the meets?

Yes mate it was built by them, if that is Dan Joyces crew ? based down in Cornwall ?

Havent had chance to get her along to a drift day yet but when I do she will be driven, she is my daily drive at the moment until I pick the Supra up this weekend, then I plan on keeping her off the road for a bit to have some bits and pieces done and a good checking over.

So yes you will see me with both cars very shortly.....do I get a discount for x2 cars, a bit like buy one get one free, but Im thinking book one in and get another free lol :D

It looks like the S13 was built by GarageD, Julian who owns that knows what he's doing for sure.

It would be great to see you again and the new car, do you drive it or trailer it to the meets?

Yes mate it was built by them, if that is Dan Joyces crew ? based down in Cornwall ?

Havent had chance to get her along to a drift day yet but when I do she will be driven, she is my daily drive at the moment until I pick the Supra up this weekend, then I plan on keeping her off the road for a bit to have some bits and pieces done and a good checking over.

So yes you will see me with both cars very shortly.....do I get a discount for x2 cars, a bit like buy one get one free, but Im thinking book one in and get another free lol :D

We may be able to do a decal sort of deal :)

We may be able to do a decal sort of deal ;)

Decals could be good :)

dan joyce is Dan buck joyce from ...Dirty Sanchez......

GarageD is in watford, and is run by Julian....no connection.

Tony ive seen all sorts of cars running GarageD decals....even a pug, and a BMW.

when i asked the BMW owner why he had a GarageD decal on his car, he said it was the UKs top BMW tuner........lol

dan joyce is Dan buck joyce from ...Dirty Sanchez......

GarageD is in watford, and is run by Julian....no connection.

Tony ive seen all sorts of cars running GarageD decals....even a pug, and a BMW.

when i asked the BMW owner why he had a GarageD decal on his car, he said it was the UKs top BMW tuner........lol

I bet the BMW owner would cry if he knew what his beloved car used to be used for :D

Looks nice that S13.

Still have it, the engine is chocolate but there is a newly built engine in there with Wiseco pistons and a brand new turbo, except something is a miss with it, the engine wont fire up and I couldnt afford any more labour time for the garage to keep working on it to find what the issue was so I pulled the car out and its been sat at home since.......you interested then :D

Friends got a S13 mechanically fine but shell is rotting to bits so would only really be interested in that for us to re-shell when he either smashes it up on the race track or it falls to bits LoL.

PM me with price for the whole car or if you would be willing to split, just the shell ?

Cheers

Matt i thought most of the pro's used the hydro handbrake and when i was at the DWYB day loads of people had them there, I thought it work pretty much exactly the same (as in you yank it to lock the rear wheels LoL) but its just a lot more powerful ?

Looks nice that S13.

Still have it, the engine is chocolate but there is a newly built engine in there with Wiseco pistons and a brand new turbo, except something is a miss with it, the engine wont fire up and I couldnt afford any more labour time for the garage to keep working on it to find what the issue was so I pulled the car out and its been sat at home since.......you interested then :angry2:

Friends got a S13 mechanically fine but shell is rotting to bits so would only really be interested in that for us to re-shell when he either smashes it up on the race track or it falls to bits LoL.

PM me with price for the whole car or if you would be willing to split, just the shell ?

Cheers

Matt i thought most of the pro's used the hydro handbrake and when i was at the DWYB day loads of people had them there, I thought it work pretty much exactly the same (as in you yank it to lock the rear wheels LoL) but its just a lot more powerful ?

More powerfull yeah, but I think the main the reason for hydro brake is it wont knacker out like a convential handbrake using a cable. Thats my take on it anyway without knowing handbrakes inside and out, which I dont......

You wont want my S13, she aint a good conversion base, think of her more as your first ever drift toy, she too is suffering from the UK's delightfull weather......I would rather be honest with you :D

Off topic..im a postie and have seen a couple of Nissan skylines with Garage-D decals on...where are they in watford and who are they.? :angry2:

Garage D is one of the top shops in the Drift build fraternity.... By pure coincidence i had owner of Garage D's car in today :D

post-2-1221850476_thumb.jpg

It's an animal.

Never seen an episode of Initial D ? The downhill racing guys are in teams and they have the team names on their cars. Redsuns is one of them.

TBH I'm not a huge fan. I just like the whole Jap-Car Culture.

Don't think of me as a wacko but i don't watch TV :) .... Well that's a lie, i do watch the news and the odd motorsport event or documentary, let's say three hours a week in all per week.