Toyota Sprint series Teeside autodrome 14/6 report

Teeside report

Travelled up to Middlesborough for the lastest round of the Toyota Sprint Series on the Friday. Nice uneventful trip up.

Saturday sampled the delights of Middlesborough’s shopping attractions before heading of the the Teeside autodrome for the event. It was to run from 4pm to 10pm .

Stickers attached without drama,scrutineering then out for the practice stuff and a look at the track…..

From the incar footage you will see how undulating the first section is with a blind negative camber section to concentrate the mind.

Did a 54.71 on my second timed lap but the heavens opened for the 3rd session and the track remained damp for the next 4 runs run 7 was a good one felt just right but unfortunately I had to slow down due to a spinning MR2 Turbo who then stalled which meant I had to do another one which was pant ! the final run was my fastest at 54.28 which left me 6th in Class and 10th overall which I’m quite chuffed with.

Barrie did well again in the Tartlet winning his class for the second time in a row.......

Some pics below

pitsr9.jpg

startlineer9.jpg

backstraightyv7.jpg

presentationql4.jpg

Video shot by spectator

http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/Moffe...nt=e64e9f13.pbr

incar footage of lap 2 and 3 and the aborted lap 7

was a great weekend !

spent 6 and half hours getting up there ! (and they tell me there is more land beyond )

great social evening on the friday night, with a quite a few of the entrants staying in the hotel

a great track, not the easiest especially after the downpour, dave put through some good times, and surprised quite a few people, i managed to win the class again, but the competition is getting tighter now with only 2 hundreths of seconds seperating first and second places

saturday night was a night to remember, all sitting round chatting with the fensport crew, when some strange polish women decided to join us !!!

i have not laughed as much for so long, ended up at about 3 o'clock running around the hotel to escape her

cant wait for the next round

car was handling a lot better since Tony had worked some WIM lotion onto it, handling was pin sharp with no undue over or understeer, with a slippery track for 75% or the runs its only problem was getting/keeping grip and keeping the back end from sliding around too much, although even with the back end going it seemed so much easier to bring it in, and keep it all under control

well chuffed :crying_anim02:

Well done..... Looks like a fantastic track for Sprint, not to many long straights for those privileged in the bhp (power-to-weight ratio) department :crying_anim02:

The 350 looked quite at home on the transitions so well done Dave...... As for Bazza......

post-2-1213551430.gif

Congrats again, Look forward to a report on the modifications we did ;)

You gotta stop winning Barrie and let some others win now and then..lol.....well done. ;)

And well done to you also Dave :D

spent 6 and half hours getting up there ! (and they tell me there is more land beyond )

Dont take me that long getting there in my lorry..lol

sitting round chatting with the fensport crew, when some strange polish women decided to join us !!!

i have not laughed as much for so long, ended up at about 3 o'clock running around the hotel to escape her

We get those type of women knocking on the lorry doors in truckstops in Middlesbrough :crying_anim02: